Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: gravity filter

Quote Originally Posted by hulsey View Post
    yea the 3/4 hp pump is a temporary. can u suggest one to purchase? I was looking at a Evolution 2500 gal or 3000 gph pump?
    The Wave 1 Series and the Sequence line of Koi pumps are good and popular.

MCA
    and with such a small gph needed, the 1/8HP Wave would likely still more than enough. Don't get the 1/16HP model as it is not weather sealed...or at least that used to be the case.

Nisai
    I think ill have to order this evolution pump and use it till I get some more koi money or it stops working. My koi money is getting tapped out!

I think ill have to order this evolution pump and use it till I get some more koi money or it stops working. My koi money is getting tapped out!
    If you are talking about the Evolution ES Series Pond Pumps, they are very energy efficient and cheap to buy.

You would probably get the money the pump cost back in one year from the money saved in energy from using a 3/4 HP pump.

Nisai
    Quote Originally Posted by ricshaw View Post
    If you are talking about the Evolution ES Series Pond Pumps, they are very energy efficient and cheap to buy.

You would probably get the money the pump cost back in one year from the money saved in energy from using a 3/4 HP pump.
    awesome. so would a 3000 gph pump work for my pond? I mean ive seen u have to have at LEAST half your total gallon amount flowing through the pond every hour so a 800 gph pump would work if I wanted the bare min. but I would rather be healthy with nice water streams and plenty of water being filtrated. So Im going to end up using this 3/4 hp pump untill my evolution es comes in the mail and Im going to need to put a globe valve on it to keep the water flow down.
    question is do I put the valve on the inlet of the pump or would that overheat the pump seeing as it wouldnt be getting a full suction. Or put it on the outlet of the pump but have a higher pressure coming out?

So Im going to end up using this 3/4 hp pump untill my evolution es comes in the mail and Im going to need to put a globe valve on it to keep the water flow down.
    question is do I put the valve on the inlet of the pump or would that overheat the pump seeing as it wouldnt be getting a full suction. Or put it on the outlet of the pump but have a higher pressure coming out?

You always put the valve for controlling the flow of water on the pump outlet side.

I am guessing that the minimum size Evolution ES Series Pond Pump would be the 3500 GPH (or 4500 GPH) pump. But that depends on pipe size, total head (lift), and back pressure of your system.

Remember these energy efficient pond pumps have small motors on them and do not provide the high pressure push that a big HP swimming pool pumps do.

Nisai
    right I understand. I was talking about putting the flow controller on the emerson pump I have right now to hold me over. I figured it would be putting too much pressure and too many gallons through to be efficient?

Nisai
    so just an update Ive spent 8 hours on the business end of a jackhammer the other day and another 2 clearing out all the concrete and boulders around the edge. I have most of the pipe and fitting and the liner bought. next 3 days should be interesting!

Nisai
    so just an update Ive spent 8 hours on the business end of a jackhammer the other day... next 3 days should be interesting!
    I'm jealous! I want to get to play with a jackhammer!

Nisai

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast