Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: I was told the rules were to take photos

Sansai

I was told the rules were to take photos

I figured out how to post pictures to my post? there is one picture of my retaining wall I'm building for my waterfall.... it will be covered with the liner when complete. Another picture to show main fish bowl. which after I build 2 foot walls on the side it will be 8 feet deep.
    I'm SOOOOO far from completion. I'm hoping to have this done in 2 months.
    Sorry the photos suck. it's just my camera from my phone not very good quality! I need a good camera
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I was told the rules were to take photos-pond-build-1.jpg   I was told the rules were to take photos-side-view-main-portion-pond.jpg   I was told the rules were to take photos-picture-future-pond-my-roof.jpg  

Oyagoi
    I like the colors of the "tools" in first picture.
    always nice to have kids involved even if in the way>makes it a nice family pond and they can have the story of helping to build and will make them enjoy the pond as a fun event instead of getting yelled at to get out of way.

Sansai
    hahaha!
    I was wondering if anyone would notice that. Those are my 2 year old grandson Ashton's tools! he is ALL about making a fish house with papa!
    It's scary having him next to the deep hole, so I just put him in the deep end so I know he can fall in ~

Meg
    you will have the cat supplied with sand for it's box for years with what is coming out of that hole! 8 feet! sweet!

2 months?! thats no time at all! this build is also on this forum but I couldn't find it, but can you say years?! LOL
    Bill & Diana's pond (longer than expected version) - KoiShack

Sansai
    WHOA MEG!!!
    I took a look at those photos and they had BAD BAD BAD LUCK! LOL I have the BEST ground for digging! I pretty much done all my digging in a day with a little mini excavator like they had in their first photo. I got it down 6 ish feet.. I'm going to build the walls up 2 feet around all edges, to keep children from falling in, and have the pond up closer to us so we dont have to get on our knees to feed and pet them.
    We are having a big party in our yard by Aug. 13th and my girlfriend wants this thing RUNNING by then.... so, Thats my goal!
    I still have TONS of digging, now that I have put that retaining wall in the pond I'm going to hand dig out a couple feet of my island so the leg off the main bowl will be atleast 5 feet wide. and at least 4 or 5 feet deep.. OH and I have to dig trench around the WHOLE pond for pick-ups, returns and jets! THis will be hard but will only take a couple days cause my dirt RULES for digging!
    Oh I want to build the edges with cinder block then come out another foot or so and do another wall of cinder block and put like a bunch to sit on all the way around... any Ideas on this? maybe the outside layer should be some cool looking stones or something for cosmetics???? I'll have to fit skimmers in my little raised sides too... wow i'm still not sure how i'm going to do this without having the skimmers yet.
    SOrry this is so long. Just thought I would write my life story
    But yes it prolly wont be EVER DONE, but we are shooting to have it up and running by mid to late July!

Sansai
    Oh and as far as the cat litter? I gave Most of ALL my dirt away to neighbors friens andI piled some up where the water fall is going to go... I still have a decent size pile.. but I got rid of more than 75% of the excavated dirt! people LOVE dirt ? funny, cuz I LOVED giving it to them! I had a skid-steer or bobcat... (a front end loader) thingy... easily removed dirt!
    I posted another picture cuz I have another layer of block down, i figure maybe one or two more layers for my heigth for tall edges
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I was told the rules were to take photos-new-layer.jpg  

MCA
    great website on the principles of building a koi pond

A Guide to Modern Koi Pond Construction.

Follow the principles and steps and you won't go far wrong.

Sansai
    Thanks MCA!!!!