Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Settlment chamber/ chanmbers??

Quote Originally Posted by gcuss View Post
    And another option for tanks that will be less money are these - tote

I've used them for myself and love them. That link is mostly for a picture. Check craigslist or local industrial areas. I got both of mine for 75 bucks and they were used to ship cattle feed supplements so they were FDA stamped. All I did was bleach and pressure wash them and they were good to go!

Grant
    Yes, I like the used 275 gallon totes a lot.

I just have not found any "safe" ones (food grade) close by for under $100. - $125.

The safe ones I have seen locally contained "cooking oil" and were in pretty good shape.

Sansai
    THanks Grant for the long detailed message......
    Those totes you had a picture of were at the same store for the same thing you mentioned. (cattle feed). They said they don't normally sell them? But would for $250 a peice. I wasn't sure about them cause of the square shape to them.
    Another flaw in my set up is room... I guess I could cut down that big old tree and go even bigger with where my pump house/pit would be going? But I did see you mention that I should have one of these on each drain. From what i've read, slower moving water through settlment tanks is better. So I definitely like the idea of having one of these per drain. I'm actually kinda late for work this morning, so I better get going.... But I would love to work out a deal with you to purchase that K1 from you!!! I really do appreciate you guys for helping me! You don't even know how happy it makes me suppose I'll have to keep my eye open for some (totes) and Tanks... until I get my fat check in July to buy most my goods! Have a good day and I'll for sure have to get back to this thread and ask MORE questions and pick yer brains some more!
    THANKS AGAIN YOU GUYS!!!!
    Mike...

Sansai
    Grant?
    I was reading through your post earlier and taking some notes...
    I got a little confused on the part you said put a 4" line coming off the bottom drain in the bottom, followed with a 90 to create a vortex within the tank. but then you said............
    Grant : "Cut a second bulkhead in about mid height and run pipe to the center of the container"
    I guess I'm a little confused what this pipe is for where it's coming from and or where it's going. The lower pipe comes in (gravity fed) from my bottom drain in the pond, The upper hole is an (outflow) onto bio filter. but wasn't sure about this middle pipe or what it was doing.
    But I do like the idea of possibly lifting this tanks a bit off the ground and possibly putting like a 6" bulk head hole with a valve to drain. This would seam to REALLY clean this bad settlment tank out!!!!
    Oh and Since you told me to, i'm now going to install 2 bottom drains, so I will set 2 of these settlment tanks up! Sorry, all I ever do is sit and think about this pond ALL DAY!! hahaa hard for me to get my work done here at work ~
    Thanks again Grant! You ROCK!

Quote Originally Posted by rifraf View Post
    Grant?
    I was reading through your post earlier and taking some notes...
    I got a little confused on the part you said put a 4" line coming off the bottom drain in the bottom, followed with a 90 to create a vortex within the tank. but then you said............
    Grant : "Cut a second bulkhead in about mid height and run pipe to the center of the container"
    I guess I'm a little confused what this pipe is for where it's coming from and or where it's going. The lower pipe comes in (gravity fed) from my bottom drain in the pond, The upper hole is an (outflow) onto bio filter. but wasn't sure about this middle pipe or what it was doing.
    But I do like the idea of possibly lifting this tanks a bit off the ground and possibly putting like a 6" bulk head hole with a valve to drain. This would seam to REALLY clean this bad settlment tank out!!!!
    Oh and Since you told me to, i'm now going to install 2 bottom drains, so I will set 2 of these settlment tanks up! Sorry, all I ever do is sit and think about this pond ALL DAY!! hahaa hard for me to get my work done here at work ~
    Thanks again Grant! You ROCK!
    Maybe this will help:

The only comment I have is the above inlet extends to far towards the center.

Meg
    if space is a problem you could bite the bullet and get a cetus sieve
    YouTube - ‪Cetus Sieve-Evolution Aqua-Petomar Slovakia‬‏

How to Install Cetus Sieve

(Jim I posted the links to show him what one was, if you consider them adverts please remove them)

Sansai
    Thanks Ric and Meg!!!
    That picture does help me understand a bit more!
    And Meg? We initially considered the sieve, But it seams I would need a couple of these in order for me to pull the GPH I wanted and the main problem was the price tag. I do love the idea of the sieve though FOR SURE!
    come July 11th or so I'll be getting $5,000 and That doesn't go very far. I hope to atleast get this whole thing up and runningfor that $$$
    So I do have a month or so to think about every detail and every price. I might have to bight the bullet and dig another HUGE hole on the back side of my waterfall to install more filtration hahaha
    Thanks again you guys

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    if space is a problem you could bite the bullet and get a cetus sieve
    YouTube - ‪Cetus Sieve-Evolution Aqua-Petomar Slovakia‬‏
    How to Install Cetus Sieve
    (Jim I posted the links to show him what one was, if you consider them adverts please remove them)
    The only problem with the Cetus Sieve is that they are so expensive!

Tosai
    Quote Originally Posted by ricshaw View Post
    Yes, I like the used 275 gallon totes a lot.

I just have not found any "safe" ones (food grade) close by for under $100. - $125.

The safe ones I have seen locally contained "cooking oil" and were in pretty good shape.
    Hi Everybody
    Ive been looking for 275 gal totes near Los Angeles too.Cheapest I Found them was 125$. Ive heard that these vendors get them for free, so We just need to find them before They do.
    I actually dont need food safe containers , as Im going to use them to hold My used pond water before I water the lawn with it.
    Maybe We can get a quantity discount if We get a group buy together.

Quote Originally Posted by 14CARAT View Post
    Hi Everybody
    Ive been looking for 275 gal totes near Los Angeles too.Cheapest I Found them was 125$. Ive heard that these vendors get them for free, so We just need to find them before They do.
    I actually dont need food safe containers , as Im going to use them to hold My used pond water before I water the lawn with it.
    Maybe We can get a quantity discount if We get a group buy together.
    A while back I found this:

Plastic Container 275 us gal, IBC Tote, HDPE Food Grade - $60 (Rialto)
    Address:151 E Randall Ave, Rialto CA, Rialto, CA 92376 (map)
    Date Posted:01/01/11
    Description:IBC TOTE 275 us gallon, plastic HDPE container, white
    Galvanized or steel cage, valve included, foods grade.
    AKA: IBC Tote, IBC Container, 275 gal barrel, plastic drum, 275 gallon drum, oil barrel, water barrel.

Pricing: starting at $60 usd/each

Capacity: 275 US gal (~1000 liter)
    Dimensions: Size = 40w x 48d x 46h
    Condition: these containers have been used many times to transport vegetable oil, so they are food-grade.

* Steel Cage
    * 100% recyclable translucent HDPE tank
    * Four-way entry for pallet jack or forklift

Ideal for...
    ... water storage, rain barrel, water recycling systems, making bio diesel, diesel fuel storage, collecting and storing used vegetable oil, hydroponics, hydroponic garden, aquaponics, barrelponics, water reservoir, emergency water storage, rain water catching systems, compost making, flower pots, water irrigation system, shower barrel, fish holding tank, solar water heater storage, tilapia farming container, parts wash down, dog food container, etc (this list is not all-inclusive)

Pickup Only / Cash Only These are my last 10 tanks.
    Se habla español.
    Are you interested?

Thank you / Gracias

Contact Name: ffortizn
    Address: 151 E Randall Ave, Rialto CA, 92376
    Phone: (909) 900-8960

If they still have any let us know.

Tosai
    Quote Originally Posted by ricshaw View Post
    A while back I found this:

Plastic Container 275 us gal, IBC Tote, HDPE Food Grade - $60 (Rialto)
    Address:151 E Randall Ave, Rialto CA, Rialto, CA 92376 (map)
    Date Posted:01/01/11
    Description:IBC TOTE 275 us gallon, plastic HDPE container, white
    Galvanized or steel cage, valve included, foods grade.
    AKA: IBC Tote, IBC Container, 275 gal barrel, plastic drum, 275 gallon drum, oil barrel, water barrel.

Pricing: starting at $60 usd/each

Capacity: 275 US gal (~1000 liter)
    Dimensions: Size = 40w x 48d x 46h
    Condition: these containers have been used many times to transport vegetable oil, so they are food-grade.

* Steel Cage
    * 100% recyclable translucent HDPE tank
    * Four-way entry for pallet jack or forklift

Ideal for...
    ... water storage, rain barrel, water recycling systems, making bio diesel, diesel fuel storage, collecting and storing used vegetable oil, hydroponics, hydroponic garden, aquaponics, barrelponics, water reservoir, emergency water storage, rain water catching systems, compost making, flower pots, water irrigation system, shower barrel, fish holding tank, solar water heater storage, tilapia farming container, parts wash down, dog food container, etc (this list is not all-inclusive)

Pickup Only / Cash Only These are my last 10 tanks.
    Se habla español.
    Are you interested?

Thank you / Gracias

Contact Name: ffortizn
    Address: 151 E Randall Ave, Rialto CA, 92376
    Phone: (909) 900-8960

If they still have any let us know.
    Thanks Ricshaw
    I contacted Him last year , but never followed thru.
    Maybe it's time now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast