Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: Where can i get high PSI PIPE?

Tosai

Where can i get high PSI PIPE?

I'm building a 15x10x5 concrete pond.and i need a 6" pipe for the bottom drain.it has to be very strong.i will set the pipe between double side 6"x6" rebar all over the pond.there's one from lowes which is charlotte pipe 6"x10" sewer and drain pipe which is the green one. Is it strong enough?is there any one can tell me where can i get stronger pipe.and i also need some 4" pipe. Thank you.

Tosai
    Why do you think that you need stronger pipe? Won't the bottom drain pipe be encased in the concrete? Also, 6" pipe for a pond that size is a bit much. I think that you will find two 4" drains will cover a larger area and cost less for component parts (elbows, couplers...)

Raymond.

Quote Originally Posted by a68438158 View Post
    I'm building a 15x10x5 concrete pond.and i need a 6" pipe for the bottom drain.it has to be very strong.i will set the pipe between double side 6"x6" rebar all over the pond.there's one from lowes which is charlotte pipe 6"x10" sewer and drain pipe which is the green one. Is it strong enough?is there any one can tell me where can i get stronger pipe.and i also need some 4" pipe. Thank you.
    For larger PVC pipe you have to leave Lowe's and look for an agriculture irrigation (or commercial plumbing) supply source.

Google; "charlotte NC agricultural pipe supply"

MCA
    I'm with Ray, I don't understand the notion of "stronger pipe". My 4" BD pipes are plain old white schedule 40 and and incased in concrete. They and the 1" air lines are just fine after 8 years under 8' of water. You did plan 1" airlines to the BDs, right?

Quote Originally Posted by MCA View Post
    I'm with Ray, I don't understand the notion of "stronger pipe". My 4" BD pipes are plain old white schedule 40 and and incased in concrete. They and the 1" air lines are just fine after 8 years under 8' of water. You did plan 1" airlines to the BDs, right?
    "plain old white schedule 40" pipe is not the same or might not be as strong as the "green drain pipe" sold at Lowe's.

My 4" PVC drain pipe is schedule 1120, 160 psi ag pipe which has thinner walls than schedule 40 PVC pipe.

-Richard

Tosai

i bought some sch80 6'and4' from a plugging store