Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: D-Pond: A New House for Kisaki Soon II and Kate Perry

Quote Originally Posted by ikoi View Post
    I always wanted to use the bakki shower for a long time as i've usually seen them on videos. Luckily one of the brothers, DavidTran, gave me this bakki shower. It's great to hear from you that the bakki show works greatly and helps a lot. Here's the final look of the filtration - just got the wooden cover on top of it.

I filled the pond the 1st time and it's been running over a week now. I plan to completely drain it out, clean up and stock j-mat, diy sieves like the ones that you've seen in brother David's videos, etc.. this weekend. After that i'll mineralize the water and bring the Babies home. Probably in 2 more weeks. Can't wait...
    Does noise from the filtration system bother your neighbors?

Quote Originally Posted by Si Van Nguyen View Post
    That is looking sweet Vic! That's a good size pond! Your filter set up looks big and good too. But your pump might be too high above ground? Your neighbor is going to love you too , with that bakki shower right next to his bedroom window. I am trying to find a spot for a bakki shower in my pond setup too. Keep the pics coming Vic.
    Si
    Thanks Si. i think the filtration is where the actions will be. The bakki shower noise might bother the neighbors, but i'll will talk to them before running it in full swing. Just don't want to bother anyone.

Cheers,
    Vic.

Quote Originally Posted by ricshaw View Post
    Does noise from the filtration system bother your neighbors?
    Ricshaw - honestly i haven't checked with them yet. They're just like my Aunt and Uncle. With all respect, i'll talk to them and find out... Just don't want that the noise bothers them in any way. Just want a peaceful neighborhood.

Oyagoi
    I would like to know about the air hose.
    are you placing both on one side?
    on tope each other?
    and what air pump size?
    seperate air pumps?

Thanks Si. i think the filtration is where the actions will be. The bakki shower noise might bother the neighbors, but i'll will talk to them before running it in full swing. Just don't want to bother anyone.

Cheers,
    Vic.
    That's a good neighbor thinking! My neighbor's bedroom window is right next to the wall on the other side of my fountain. The fountain noise annoys the heck out of me for weeks, especially at night, but my neighbor said he likes it! It sounds great to him! Great! It does not hurt to ask.

You could put a wall around the bakki shower. As I am studying these things for my own pond, I found some large sheets of dense styrofoam at HomeDepot that could serve as a sound barrier. You should look into that if the noise is too much.

Quote Originally Posted by pskorf View Post
    I would like to know about the air hose.
    are you placing both on one side?
    on tope each other?
    and what air pump size?
    seperate air pumps?
    Paul - yes, i placed them on one side parallel together. I'm using an Hakko 80lpm airpump. However, when i turned on the airpump, air just came out on 1 tube (8ft airtube.) I might need to get another airpump for the 2nd airtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Van Nguyen View Post
    That's a good neighbor thinking! My neighbor's bedroom window is right next to the wall on the other side of my fountain. The fountain noise annoys the heck out of me for weeks, especially at night, but my neighbor said he likes it! It sounds great to him! Great! It does not hurt to ask.

You could put a wall around the bakki shower. As I am studying these things for my own pond, I found some large sheets of dense styrofoam at HomeDepot that could serve as a sound barrier. You should look into that if the noise is too much.
    Si - i think i know the dense Styrofoam at HD that u mentioned. I might have to enclose the bakki shower with it if the noise bothers the neighbors.

D-Pond: The Final

Koi Brothers and Sisters,

Finally D-pond is up and running. I added 2x10ft airline to create a playground for the Girls. Set up the j-mats in bios chambers (but haven't finished all yet.). Brought salinity level to 0.25% and will add clay in tomorrow or so. Here's the picture... The turbulence is not as strong as brother David's ponds just yet

Brother David - do you use a separate air-pump for each airtube?

Cheers,
    Vic.

Si - i think i know the dense Styrofoam at HD that u mentioned. I might have to enclose the bakki shower with it if the noise bothers the neighbors.
    You may want to consider to add brushes on top of media in each bakki shower's crate, this way will help to reduce the noise by 90% at least.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails D-Pond: A New House for Kisaki Soon II and Kate Perry-brushes.jpg  

Good Day Brother Vic

Sure looking nice out there , and believe you must have been enjoying some moments of Relief and Joy since the completion ...

Yes , I have to use 2 separate hi-blow to drive 2 air curtains . Each hi-blow ( 120W ) was only good enough to drive a 10 feet air-curtain evenly in my case . Hope this help .

David

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast