Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: D-Pond: A New House for Kisaki Soon II and Kate Perry

Hi Vic, you have some ugly plumbing showing. At HomeDepot, in the insecticide section, there is a rubber/tar aerosol spray (Spectracide Pruning Sealant , $5) that is used to seal tree pruning wounds and for water sealants. It's black, and you can use it to cover up any white pvc pipes that is showing in your pond. I used it to seal clay pots to hold water lillies next to my pond.
    Good day!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails D-Pond: A New House for Kisaki Soon II and Kate Perry-d-pond.jpg  

Oyagoi
    love the statue guarding the pond

i tried finding one local but never could or if i did i did not like it

Quote Originally Posted by Si Van Nguyen View Post
    Hi Vic, you have some ugly plumbing showing. At HomeDepot, in the insecticide section, there is a rubber/tar aerosol spray (Spectracide Pruning Sealant , $5) that is used to seal tree pruning wounds and for water sealants. It's black, and you can use it to cover up any white pvc pipes that is showing in your pond. I used it to seal clay pots to hold water lillies next to my pond.
    Good day!
    Hello Si,

Thanks for your nice cosmetic suggestion to cover up the air pipes. I'll get that sealant and apply it to these air pipes next HomeDepot run. Definitely it'll look much better.

Quote Originally Posted by weesec01 View Post
    You may want to consider to add brushes on top of media in each bakki shower's crate, this way will help to reduce the noise by 90% at least.
    It'd be awesome if these brushes can reduce the noise from the bakki shower. I'll add them in. Thanks weesec.
    rekoil10000 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidSoon View Post
    Good Day Brother Vic

Sure looking nice out there , and believe you must have been enjoying some moments of Relief and Joy since the completion ...

Yes , I have to use 2 separate hi-blow to drive 2 air curtains . Each hi-blow ( 120W ) was only good enough to drive a 10 feet air-curtain evenly in my case . Hope this help .

David
    Brother David,

Glad you like it. Feeling good to see the water running and excited to the days to bring the Girls home. With the air curtain and the jet returns, i could see the water movement nicely. I bet the Girls will like it.

Thanks for the note on the hi-blow, brother David. i will get another airpump to drive the 2nd air curtain.

Cheers,
    Vic.

Quote Originally Posted by pskorf View Post
    love the statue guarding the pond

i tried finding one local but never could or if i did i did not like it
    Paul - I found this General statue in one of the garden shops a few years ago. Now placing him at this place, so he can guard the pond and enjoy the Koi...with us. Do you like the Terracotta Warriors? There're some places that carry the replica of them... like these...

Cheers,
    Vic

Girls are back...

Just put the Kisaki Soon and Kate Perry in the D-pond 1st time ever today. You can see them here. Will get a new video when the big 1.05m Karashigoi swims across the Pacific ocean and reaches this side of the continent.

Cheers,
    Vic.

MCA
    Very much like the General guarding the koi!

I am sure you and the koi are glad to have them safely in their excellent new home! Much congrats!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MCA View Post
    Very much like the General guarding the koi!

I am sure you and the koi are glad to have them safely in their excellent new home! Much congrats!!!!
    Thanks Mike! Since moving the General to the new spot, he enjoys Koi more than we do.

Great pond... I wish you success with it..Brother David re-defines the rules on pond depth and body confirmation... I don't think in my climate I could get away with a pond this shallow without it being in a greenhouse... I do like the old fashioned chamber filtration... hard to improve on that...

I, too, like the statue guarding the pond... very nice ....oh and your koi are fantastic as well... I'm looking forward to a video with your new karashagoi leading the way...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast