Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: D-Pond: A New House for Kisaki Soon II and Kate Perry

D-Pond: A New House for Kisaki Soon II and Kate Perry

Koi brothers/sisters,

I've been thinking (for a few yrs now) of building a new bigger pond to raise the girls since they're growing up now. My current pond is ~1000gal with a very poor filtration.

Here are the pictures of the backyard garden. Do you see a nice area where the grass is. I think it's a good place for a pond.

This new pond will be named D-Pond. D is for my Dream-pond and also D is for brother David's pond since this will be a replica of brother David's pond. It's brother David's design - a simple bay filtration, but efficient.

Pond dimensions: 24' x 13' x 3.5'
    Flow direction: from one end to other end
    Filtration: 5-chamber filtration (collecting chamber, 3xJ-mat chambers, clean/pump chamber)
    Total gallon: 10k

Would like to share the process of building it with you.

Cheers,
    Vic.

Day 1

Let's get started...

Pond...(oh my grass...)

Filtration...

Quote Originally Posted by ikoi View Post
    Let's get started...

That is what I like to see!!
    kirkabilly! likes this.

Consider digging deeper. Say about 5 feet. Your koi will tank you.

A big leap Brother Victor !!!

Certainly can't wait to see your new pond up and running , and would love to see the spacious pond in action At least I'm assure of a few more spots in your new pond right ?? What about a meter long Karashigoi to lead your new school ??

Huge decision made to increase the size 10 folds , and certainly hope it will be one that will keep you pleased for many years to come . Enjoy this Journey Brother , and all bito'ers sure wished you well ..

David

Good luck Ikoi! I am brand new to this forum (and this is my first post) but I wished I had found this place earlier. I could have learned a thing or two BEFORE I started my pond. I just finished my pond in October and the first regret was that I should have made it bigger and deeper. So I agree wholeheartedly with people who recommended for you to go deeper.
    Good luck!
    Si, in Lake Forest, CA.

I'm glad you have made your decision, brother Vic.

Your Dream Pond is looking good. It will be cool to see a meter long Karashigoi swimming in your pond when it is done.

Looking forward to your update pictures.

Sanh

Quote Originally Posted by mtsklar View Post
    Consider digging deeper. Say about 5 feet. Your koi will tank you.
    In fact, i'd like to go shallower than 3.5", but my place is close to a creek, so racoons usually visit during hot summer time. Thus, i decided to go for 3.5' deep. Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by DavidSoon View Post
    A big leap Brother Victor !!!

Certainly can't wait to see your new pond up and running , and would love to see the spacious pond in action At least I'm assure of a few more spots in your new pond right ?? What about a meter long Karashigoi to lead your new school ??

Huge decision made to increase the size 10 folds , and certainly hope it will be one that will keep you pleased for many years to come . Enjoy this Journey Brother , and all bito'ers sure wished you well ..

David
    Brother David,

A swimming pool for the babies. Hopefully they'll like it. Can't wait to see it in actions either. We're getting close.

Brother David, you've given me for so much already. Still remember vividly your Xmas gift last year - a special New Smile Kohaku. And now...wow... a meter long Karashigoi to lead the school. I'm not deserved for any of these, brother. Hopefully, one day, you and others can swing by my little place and see your D-pond and the Girls in real actions.

When D-pond is ready by early next year , i'd love to open my place for everyone who loves koi can stop by if they're in the area to see these koi and D-pond. The Koi might not be nice and D-pond might not be good, but we'll enjoy the friendship all together.

Cheers,
    Vic.
    DRnNY and kirkabilly! like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Van Nguyen View Post
    Good luck Ikoi! I am brand new to this forum (and this is my first post) but I wished I had found this place earlier. I could have learned a thing or two BEFORE I started my pond. I just finished my pond in October and the first regret was that I should have made it bigger and deeper. So I agree wholeheartedly with people who recommended for you to go deeper.
    Good luck!
    Si, in Lake Forest, CA.
    Si,

First, welcome to Koi-bito. Hope you'll find more valuable info that you're looking for and enjoy bito's. btw, how's your new pond doing? How big is the pond? And how do you and the koi like it so far?

Thanks for the wish (i need it)!

Cheers,
    Vic.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast