Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cetus weir float problem

MCA

Cetus weir float problem

Anyone with Cetus having any problems with the weir legs and/or float filling with water, letting the main chamber fill with water?

Michael, I think it might be the rubber bellows on the Cetus. Steve Joneli of High Desert Koi knows the problem, if it's what I'm thinking it is, he could help you out either way.

MCA
    Thanks. Will do. Either the bellows are leaking or the weir float are taking on water.

Nisai
    The bellows can be inspected by removing the screen and seeing if it is loose/cracked. The weir/float is a 2 piece assembly water can get in the upper legs. On some units the factory did not drill weep holes in the upper legs. Below is a picture of where they can be drilled to eliminate any water build up. The bottom float can also take on water, if that is the case you will need to replace the weir assembly to restore proper operation. To troubleshoot where the problem is I usually drain the Cetus then attempt to manually move the weir assembly. If there is water in it it will be fairly heavy or if you move it around you should be able to hear it. If you have more than one Cetus drain a good unit so you can compare the weight difference of the weir assemblies. With the screen off you can observe the bottom float to see if that is draining water to determine if this is the problem.

*If you drill the leg for new weep holes make sure to drill above the seam on the bottom float.*

Mike- the picture did not load. I am interested in pic as I have Cetus that I've experienced a similar condition and would like to see if mine was drilled.
    thanks

Nisai
    Quote Originally Posted by Appliance Guy View Post
    Mike- the picture did not load. I am interested in pic as I have Cetus that I've experienced a similar condition and would like to see if mine was drilled.
    thanks
    I tried it as an attachment..... hopefully I did it right.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cetus weir float problem-cetus_weep.jpg  

Dammit! Well, now I gotta fix it! I have water in the base of the weir, so I tore apart the unit and I've identified my problem. The right leg is not attached to the base, it has seperated. Then, when I lifted the weir, the left leg seperated! Shit! But I do see my issue and I think I have a long term correction.

I am taking pics along the way and will post em once I deem the repair reproducable.

MCA
    First thing I will do clean the screens to make sure they are not holding water. If that does not fix the problem I will move on to leg drain holes and repairing the float

Quote Originally Posted by MCA View Post
    First thing I will do clean the screens to make sure they are not holding water. If that does not fix the problem I will move on to leg drain holes and revealing the foam.
    Screens? What screens? I have a single screen. The base is seperated from the legs entirely. No foam anywhere in my unit. The base is not foam filled, neither are the legs. Both are hollow.

MCA
    My iPad Safari did some "correcting" on the post above. I corrected the corrections.

I said screens as I have two Cetus units. I understand the weir legs and float are hollow.

Another source of problems could be the bellows and their clamps. I will folks know what I find on my units.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast