Home | About Us | Contact Us


Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Shells in the shower?

  1. #11
    MCA
    MCA is offline
    Honmei MCA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    2,574
    Next step for me is redoing the showers. The plastic Stackpak boxes have begun to age and crack after many years of service. I want to do SS trays....but likely cant take the cost now that I am retired. Another choice is large planter boxes 6' long. Will advise when I have it sorted.

  2. #12
    Daihonmei PapaBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Davenport, Oklahoma
    Posts
    6,726
    Quote Originally Posted by MCA View Post
    Next step for me is redoing the showers. The plastic Stackpak boxes have begun to age and crack after many years of service. I want to do SS trays....but likely cant the cost. Another choice is large planter boxes 6' long. Will advise when I have it sorted.
    I remember when you put those in but its been so long I can't remember how many years it has been.

    How long did they last for you?

  3. #13
    MCA
    MCA is offline
    Honmei MCA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    2,574
    How long did they last for you?

    I looked up my PO towards US Plastics. I ordered them in July of 2007. So they have been in service for over 5 years. Not bad for plastic outside 24/7. Henry already replaced his with homemade PVC trays he painted to protect from UV aging.

  4. #14
    Daihonmei PapaBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Davenport, Oklahoma
    Posts
    6,726
    Quote Originally Posted by MCA View Post
    I looked up my PO towards US Plastics. I ordered them in July of 2007. So they have been in service for over 5 years. Not bad for plastic outside 24/7. Henry already replaced his with homemade PVC trays he painted to protect from UV aging.
    Good deal for you, but I'm surprised about Henry's. I thought his would last longer than that.

  5. #15
    MCA
    MCA is offline
    Honmei MCA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    2,574
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaBear View Post
    Good deal for you, but I'm surprised about Henry's. I thought his would last longer than that.

    You can see on the Doublewide Flatop thread the stainless steel stack i installed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Need Bakki Shower
    By jasonkoi in forum Pond Construction
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-09-, 10:28 AM
  2. Do I need a Bakki Shower
    By DaveB in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-16-2012, 02:06 AM
  3. Oyster Shells and Sumi
    By kaidoi in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 01-11-2011, 08:05 AM
  4. Plumbing for a Shower
    By GloriaL in forum Pond Construction
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-04-2010, 02:43 PM
  5. Corals and cockle shells...
    By scorpio168 in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-19-2004, 01:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Articles - Sitemap - FAQs and Rules

KB Footer Graphic
Straight from Japan... For the serious hobbyist!
All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com