Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Ultra sieve experience

Sansai
    bump, did these ever get put on-line? video?

Tategoi
    Quote Originally Posted by hewhoisatpeace View Post
    Um, I bought a 100 micron Cetus screen from Cascade for less than $200, that's what I built my DIY sieve around. Worked great for a year and a half of constant operation. I've moved now to a radial settler and fines filters before bio, but my DIY sieve will probably be reused for my goldfish pond. The 100 micron screen works very well (I keep a very clean pond).
    My read on radial settlers is they aren't much more effective than conventional clarifiers. Some 9circular) clarifiers have a wall extending from the tangental inlet down close to the bottom of the vertical side wall. The incoming water is held close to the sides until it reaches the bottom of the partition and allows the incoming to merge with the tank water. That's intended to hold the fines much longer and give them a better chance to settle. If the bottom drain were partially open It could trap those fines with less water than a hydro-vortex would use.

Lets kick that around a little.

MCA
    Quote Originally Posted by rifraf View Post
    bump, did these ever get put on-line? video?
    Not yet with the US3 units. Will start the swap out next weekend.

Sansai
    I would really love to get a couple of these! I love the fact they have high GPH capability. Any ideas or thoughts on where to get a used one? Here in Utah hardly anyone is into the koi hobby. Eventually I plan to get a few of these! MCA, please post pics once you get them put in your system -Mike
    nanrui likes this.

MCA
    Had weeks of delay from unrelated project. Got the first one installed today. It feeds a ES8500 pump without any problem. Could do a much higher capacity pump without problem.

Sansai
    That's great news! Do these have those "bello's" that the Cetus's have? Seems like so many people have problems with those darn things! Glad to hear it can handle so much... maybe I could run my 2- 5500 pumps through one of these when I first get my pond going!!!!!-Mike

MCA
    No bellows or other restrictions inside like Cetus. They are rated for 30,000 liters or 7,900gph. I will stick with an ES8500 pump on each....for now. The output of each goes through a EVO 55W UV then to a pair of TPRs. The reclaimed filter pit floor space also gives me room for a larger pump and pipe to feed the Bakki House shower. Changing that out is the next project.

MCA
    Got the second Cetus out today. I connected the 4" BD pipe directly to the ES8500 pump. So no pre filter before the water hits the bead filter. Having the Cetus out of the way also gives me better access to the TPRs on the pond wall. I will redo that arrangement as part of the US3 installation.

But the next project is a redo shower pipes to reduce head backpressure and increase the flow rate. The second US3 install should be early next week.

Tategoi
    I've never tried it on a Bakki delivery, but injecting air near the bottom of the water supply line will lower the head without lowering the height. The air displacing the water lowers the weight of the column. I don't see any reason it wouldn't work here, let us know, if you try it.

MCA
    Both Cetus are now replaced with US3 units. I will try to post before and after shots. I will clean up the Cetus units as Tim and Will had asked to purchase them. I will bring them to the Atlanta show on Saturday. I have a backup buyer at the show who wants one if Time or Will do not want theirs.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast