Home | About Us | Contact Us


Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Ultra sieve experience

  1. #1
    MCA
    MCA is offline
    Honmei MCA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    2,574

    Ultra sieve experience

    Anyone like to share the experience with sieve 3 or the midi model? Are they reliable/dependable?

  2. #2
    Sansai
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Utah, USA
    Posts
    242
    Quote Originally Posted by MCA View Post
    Anyone like to share the experience with sieve 3 or the midi model? Are they reliable/dependable?
    Bump, I would like to know as well, One thing I like is it supposedly does more GPH than the Cetus. But it's max is 7900 gph? I have two 5500 pumps and would like to run both off this. Couple questions.... 1, does it have those bellos that fail on the Cetus. Where is the closest distributer to Utah? what are the prices of these things? MCA, have you gathered any info on this since your original post? Anyone else? How do you folks like these Ultra Sieve III's??? thanks for any feedback in advance

  3. #3
    MCA
    MCA is offline
    Honmei MCA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    2,574
    Quote Originally Posted by rifraf View Post
    Bump, I would like to know as well, One thing I like is it supposedly does more GPH than the Cetus. But it's max is 7900 gph? I have two 5500 pumps and would like to run both off this. Couple questions.... 1, does it have those bellos that fail on the Cetus. Where is the closest distributer to Utah? what are the prices of these things? MCA, have you gathered any info on this since your original post? Anyone else? How do you folks like these Ultra Sieve III's??? thanks for any feedback in advance
    My order of two arrived in shipping container to the States last week. Then they go to the distributor Water Landscape Supply - Home, They will then ship to me. I should get them before the end of August. They have to go freight truck, not UPS or Fedex. You can find all sorts of videos and pictures on the web. I ordered mine via New England Koi as it was the best combo of price with free shipping. There is no bellows or 3" restriction. IMHO it was totally weird for EA to put a 3" restriction in the Cetus. Running two 5500 pumps may not be a problem. The key is the back pressure each pump sees that will reduce the gph from theoretical max.
    Koi keeping is not a belief system; it is applied science with a touch of artistry.

  4. #4
    Jumbo Appliance Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    754
    Quote Originally Posted by MCA View Post
    The key is the back pressure each pump sees that will reduce the gph from theoretical max.
    Something many overlook.

  5. #5
    Tategoi Loco4Koi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    382
    I love mine... has a huge capacity for holding algae out of the water flow,, allows me to neglect it and not hurt a thing.. had it just over a year, 100% no problems. I do sometimes contemplate buying the finer mesh (forget exact micron) .. but my ultra sieve was one of the smartest things I came real close to not buying... now if they could make an above water pressure sieve for my shower with the same capacity for less than $1000,, I'd be a happier man

  6. #6
    MCA
    MCA is offline
    Honmei MCA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    2,574
    The optional screen is 200micron; the standard one is 300micron.

    You can get a pressurized sieve from Zac. Zakki Sieve Pre-Filter

  7. #7
    Tategoi hewhoisatpeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pendleton, SC
    Posts
    331
    Do they not offer a 100 micron screen for the Ultra Sieve? I've considered using one, but I am pretty particular about preferring 100 micron screen.

  8. #8
    MCA
    MCA is offline
    Honmei MCA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    2,574
    I am sure you can get one made using the standard screen for the width, length, and radius. The replacement screens for Cetus or US3 seem to be the $300-400 range. Making one for US3 is likely easier as it lays on top of supports and does not have to precise fit in grooves as in the Cetus. Makes me wonder.......

  9. #9
    Honmei ricshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,653
    Quote Originally Posted by MCA View Post
    I am sure you can get one made using the standard screen for the width, length, and radius. The replacement screens for Cetus or US3 seem to be the $300-400 range. Making one for US3 is likely easier as it lays on top of supports and does not have to precise fit in grooves as in the Cetus. Makes me wonder.......

    Where in the heck can you buy standard sieve screen? Or are you talking about using a Cetus screen for UltraSieve?

  10. #10
    MCA
    MCA is offline
    Honmei MCA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    2,574
    You can purchase screens, I doubt very seriously if either sieve makers machine shop the screens.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. wedged stainless steel wire mesh for ultra sieve III
    By wlking1688 in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-12-2014, 02:44 PM
  2. ultra sieve III
    By wlking1688 in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-12-2014, 02:41 PM
  3. Criel Sieve or Reversed Sieve
    By yerrag in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-26-2013, 07:44 PM
  4. I wonder if I should use Aqua Ultra or K1
    By Peppy in forum Pond Construction
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-19-2010, 11:03 PM
  5. Cetus sieve
    By UP ALL NIGHT!! in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-14-2009, 08:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Articles - Sitemap - FAQs and Rules

KB Footer Graphic
Straight from Japan... For the serious hobbyist!
All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com