Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9000 gallon Free form gunite

Tosai

9000 gallon Free form gunite

Tore out my 3500 gallon liner pond , It's low elevation flooded a couple times per year. Decided to go for it in Oct. Hand dug , rebar , gunite ,black plaster,used my swimming pool sub contractors . And I fill in the gaps. 8x8x4 filter pit

Tosai
    currently working to finish plumbing ,lighting , stone coping and waterfall
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9000 gallon Free form gunite-gunite-014.jpg   9000 gallon Free form gunite-water-001a.jpg  

MCA
    Quote Originally Posted by vinper View Post
    currently working to finish plumbing ,lighting , stone coping and waterfall
    Excellent work. Suggest a bakki shower instead of a waterfall. The shower can be the main bio conversion part of the filter system. Then in the filter pit all you need is the mechanical stage and a good pump.

Tosai
    Yes, there is a baki shower going in . looking for the right trays ,that wont break the bank . I have 4 -2" TPRs for the Baki returns . The pond has 2-4" koi toliets 1 airated. 2-3'' skimmers 4-2" tprs . 1-4" return feeding upper pond . 4- 1 1/2" TPRs from bead . and 4-1 1/2" top water returns @the rock inserts for skimmer directional push, 1 full size 8"pool light . 1 23" blue LED light bar for waterfall..also looking for 1 underwater video camera. Made progress today got the bottom drains piped in to pit and figured out the 3" skimmer route 2- 3' lines to a 4" aqua sieve .then to bead, all with long sweeps

MCA
    ooking for the right trays ,that wont break the bank
    Stainless steel can be expensive, but can look good if they are an important visual for the pond system. Another choice if fiberglass trays Untitled Document). My first showers were ORBIS gray StakPak Long Boxes (StakPak CrossPak™ Long Boxes | U.S. Plastic Corp.) I got on sale at US Plastics. I used the tall boxes for media and one short box at the top for a water distribution tray. I am sure there are folks who have had showers in those for many years. My boxes were in full sun for years and finally started to crack. So I rep;laced them with stainless steel. The point being you can start with relatively inexpensive shower containers and replace them as time and budget permits.
    Koi keeping is not a belief system; it is applied science with a touch of artistry.

Tosai
    some pics this weekend , fish scale tiles, blue led waterfall light, aqua sieve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9000 gallon Free form gunite-fish-scales-004.jpg   9000 gallon Free form gunite-fish-scales-006.jpg   9000 gallon Free form gunite-fish-scales-001.jpg  

MCA
    It that s the sieve I think it is....it is basically a pipe junction box. Instead run all BD and skimmer lines to the filter pit.

Tosai
    That sieve is for the 2-3" skimmer lines and then go to bead filters. Its like another leaf basket . The 2 bottom drains go to the Ultra sieve covered in the pit then split to sand and gravel filters & shower

Tosai
    Ultra sieve in pit
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9000 gallon Free form gunite-dscf1280-1-.jpg  

Tosai
    my 4x2x2x2x2manifold behind gunite
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9000 gallon Free form gunite-steel-014.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast