Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: New Koi Pond Filter Set-up!

Fry

New Koi Pond Filter Set-up!

Hello all, just move to a new house and want to build a koi pond. Not going to be a big koi pond, I think is about 17 feet long and 12 feet wide. I don't have much experience with koi, just a little. My old house a have a little koi also, but I did not like the koi setup by the original owner. But here I am trying to build a new koi pond in the spring and I will try to build by myself. I already have some of the koi filter with me, I have 1 Savio skimmer large size, 1 Aqua Ultraviolet Ultima II 6000 Filter, 1 Cetus sieve and DIY bakki shower tray filter. I think all my setup not gravity filter but I will pump filter. My main question is I don't know how to tie all this filter that I already have in order to work together. If anybody would like to help me out that setup, I will appreciate for the help very much. If anybody have some kind of sketch about the system that would be really nice, but anything would help. Oh I think my koi pond will be about 4 feet deep, my wife she don't want the koi pond very deep. Thank

Could this setup work: Bottom Drain to Cetus Sieve, then Pump to Aqua Ultraviolet Ultima II Filter to Bakki Shower. But that leave my Savio Skimmer some where? Any help?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Koi Pond Filter Set-up!-2015-12-19-14.00.04.jpg