Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By FRK

Thread: Need help/advice with pond liner folds

Fry

Need help/advice with pond liner folds

Hello everyone

We are in the process of building our pond and I need some advice. We just put the liner in lastnight and that is where I’m having an issue. Our pond is an “L” shape (I’ll attack photo with dimensions and issue location) and we are having a issue with the fold on the L corner. I don’t want to cut and seal it ... I’m sure I’ll have an extra fold someplace but I can’t figure it out without having a big fold on the bottom. I have a bottom drain so I can’t have a fold on the bottom. Any ideas on how to fold this correctly? I really appreciate any advice
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need help/advice with pond liner folds-a58d6876-e89f-4377-b4ab-ecff4c3ae786.jpg   Need help/advice with pond liner folds-3a362bee-4b7a-4414-8b62-4ad9582b54b8.jpg   Need help/advice with pond liner folds-81bfd670-b7b8-4023-a17f-120086655c9b.jpg  

FRK
    Fry
    Look below at similar threads. "Pond Liner Trouble" Has some good tips for you to try.

Fry
    Quote Originally Posted by FRK View Post
    Look below at similar threads. "Pond Liner Trouble" Has some good tips for you to try.
    Thanks but mine is an L shape and I am only having the issues with the outside corner ... The other corners will be no problem.

FRK
    Fry
    I understand but whatever fold you end up with I think the liner tape to bind it down is maybe a good idea.

Fry
    Quote Originally Posted by FRK View Post
    I understand but whatever fold you end up with I think the liner tape to bind it down is maybe a good idea.
    Thanks 👍 Here is the progress I made ... I’ll mess with it a little more when my wife can help. As long as the bottom is flat Ill be happy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need help/advice with pond liner folds-8cb2a980-0471-4654-8be7-03dfec7913d6.jpg   Need help/advice with pond liner folds-da3ab58e-887d-4038-b482-6c4dca6f7e33.jpg  

FRK
    Fry
    Don't forget the tip about putting about a foot of water ing to get he bottom flat then do your folds.
    MCA likes this.

Fry
    You testing your present wrapping skills? I have a small L-shaped goldfish pond in my front yard. I put in about 6 inches of water at first to help... i wasn't fun. There are many combinations you can do for folds... just be cognizant of how you are going to be viewing the pond most of the time and "hide" as many folds away from that view.