Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PerformancePro Artesian Dial-A Flow pump

Tosai
    Russ... I still don't get it. Which Sequence pump is exactly like this PerformancePro Artesian?

Tategoi
    Interesting post Nancy.

What are the problems you're experiencing with the Sequence. I consider them both comparable.

Very few pumps are properly selected for individual ponds and, while the biggest problem there is efficiency, that could cause some problems on certain pumps.

The greatest problem is improper installation. Pumps are often misaligned with the connecting fittings and that can stress the housing and misalign the bearings, causing a vibration twice the frequency of the rotation.

Tategoi
    In reference to my last post. The vibration caused by missallignment will load the bearings and lead to much shorter lives for both the bearings and the seals. My own Sequence has close to 10 years of continuous operation. That's not an exceptional life in industry. In the hobby I'm being led to believe pumps are replaced in 7 years, on average. Lots of that is due to pond redesign, I'm sure, but pump instalation by inexperienced people is also a contributer. I even see professional pond builders installing pumps improperly.

With the larger pumps, that have longer shafts coupling the motor to the pump, even operating the pump on the wrong part of it's curve will create bearing loading that can shorten the bearing's life.

I can't take issue with replacing a Sequence with an Artizan. Unless ongoing changes have caused a downgrading, both companies produce top quality. I would make the same comment if someone were replacing an Artizan with a Sequence.

Tosai
    I bought the Performance Pro pump and have had it installed for about a month. I could not be happier ! It is whisper quiet . The built-in speed controller tells you exactly how many amps of electricity are being used at any setting. That, coupled with a flow meter , allows you to operate the pump at peak efficiency. In my pond, that is approximately 50% . At that speed, I am pumping about 50 GPM. 75% only increases to 60, and 100 to 61 or 62. I really am glad I purchased this pump and would recommend it to anyone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12