Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PerformancePro Artesian Dial-A Flow pump

Tosai

PerformancePro Artesian Dial-A Flow pump

Does anyone have any experience with the PerformancePro Artesian "Dial -A-Flow series of pumps ? I am considering changing to one, but would like some feedback from ponders that have one.

Hi Allen
    Performance pro's in my opinion are the best pumps out on the market. My husband and I use 2 of them, we have a 1/3 hp and 1/2 hp both low rpm. We have never had a problem with them in the 4 years they have been running. My husband builds koi ponds and that is the only pump he will install on any pond system. They are very energy friendly, great warrenty, and excellent customer service. Now on another note my husband purchased 3 dial a flows, and installed them on customers ponds. 1 out of the 3 had problems with the (inverter box or flow control box) not sure of the exact name. Anyway it had been running around 15 months so it was out of warrenty. The cost to replace that box was $800. My husband will never use that pump on any job again. I think you can get the performance you want from any of the Artesian pumps without the dial a flow. We love our Artesians.

imo, Artisan makes best pumps. they are so quiet. it's virtually no noise at all.

Steve

Honmei
    Sequence pumps are just as quiet as Artesian pumps. Artesian pumps come from Sequence. First there was Sequence, then an employee left Sequence, and then there was Artesian Pumps.

Tosai
    Artesian pumps come from Sequence. First there was Sequence, then an employee left Sequence, and then there was Artesian Pumps.
    Huh??? Not sure what you mean by this. There is no relationship between Sequence and PerformancePro, except that Rod Tally once worked there.

Honmei
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill D
    Huh??? Not sure what you mean by this. There is no relationship between Sequence and PerformancePro, except that Rod Tally once worked there.
    That's my point, he took ideas with him. He wanted to buy the rights to some pumps but they would not let them go, so he went out on his own. The Performance Pro pumps are very similar to Sequence and you can see it if you look.

Tategoi
    Both Performence Pro & Sequence are quality pumps and I recommend either. Unless you get an exceptional deal, buy it locally. If something goes wrong, help is right down the block.

Variable pumps have a purpose. They vary speed rather than valving off flow to adjust pumping rate. In constantly varying loads they will be more efficient. In our relatively constant loading purchasing the right low speed pump will actually be much more efficient.

If you need two flows, consider two pumps in parallel. When high flow is needed both can be run together.

Tosai
    It sounds to me like someone sells Sequence and not Artesian Performance Pumps. Unk

Honmei
    Quote Originally Posted by UnkleTim
    It sounds to me like someone sells Sequence and not Artesian Performance Pumps. Unk
    Boy, you are observant. We sell many brands of pumps, which do include Sequence. We don't sell Artesian because there is no real difference.

Actually, I think Artesian pumps are manufactured much better. Also there customer service is excellent... And were I work they carry both lines.. I still say Artesian is a better pump, more bang for your money. I have sequence constantly coming in for repairs and or replacements pumps, generally the replacement becomes an Artesian.

But if you want a sequence pump I here that AZ ponds price can't be beat, by any dealer in the USA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast