Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: At Last

Fry

Typical Minnesota scene

Remember, ice skating may hurt the fishes ear drums! Do you have an underwater camera? You can borrow mine! Skip.

Jumbo
    Aren't MN winters fun Jim? I must have INCHES of ice covering the big pond!! I hope the domes to my bottom drains survive this!! It's colder outside then it is inside my freezer!!

Sue don't youjust love MN. winters? The other day I drillled a hole in the ice near the edge of the pond and didn't hit water till 12". Then the snows came, with-in a day there was a hole in the ice created by the tpr, now a wk later it's iced over again. Will spring ever come?
    Have fun in Orlando wish I were going, but I'm saving my pennies for a special Sanke from Mike & Devin.
    Jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails At Last-pond-march-07-snow.jpg   At Last-pond-march-07-snow1.jpg  

Jumbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallagher View Post
    Sue don't youjust love MN. winters? The other day I drillled a hole in the ice near the edge of the pond and didn't hit water till 12". Then the snows came, with-in a day there was a hole in the ice created by the tpr, now a wk later it's iced over again. Will spring ever come?
    Have fun in Orlando wish I were going, but I'm saving my pennies for a special Sanke from Mike & Devin.
    Jim
    I came this <> close to calling you just before we left to see if you wanted to tag along, but Dick reminded me that with the transport tank, there were only 2 seats left in the Yukon...I guess we could have taken turns sitting on each other's laps....LOL Now wouldn't that have been fun for 2 1/2 days!! ROTF!! We're settled in for the night in Marion, IL. Half way there!!!

I could have sat on your lap

Take good notes while your down there and good luck!

Jim

Getting There

It's been some time since I've updated this thread, a whole spring and summer. As I stated in the beginning most of my Koi have spent most of their lives indoors, in what seems like no more than a puddle, until this summer. While many commented that their beni would not return and they would be stunted for life, I have found that most have had very good growth in the new pond. As far as the colors go nearly all have improved immensely from the exposure to the sun.
    Here are a few pics of the pond and fish.

Jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails At Last-pond2e.jpg   At Last-waterfalls-10_26_07.jpg   At Last-pond-10_26_07_1.jpg   At Last-koi1-10_26_07.jpg   At Last-koi2-10_26_07.jpg  

At Last-momotarogo1-10_26_07.jpg   At Last-showa2-brady-10_26_07.jpg  

Jumbo
    Water looks great Jim!! Looks like you've been very busy working on the decking!! Looks great!! That sanke is looking really good!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345