Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: waterfall filter

Tosai

waterfall filter

Hi all,

I am planning on using a Pondwords 1000 Waterfall filter for my pond. It will trickle out to a short stream before the water enters the pond. It isn't small (25") in diamter without the 10 inch lip. My question is how do I "hide" the top? I've looked at rocks to cover it but it doesn't really make sense becuse they are all to heavier for me to get in and out of my filter for maintenance. I guess one thing I can do is have the rocks lining the filter be higher than the top of the filter so if you look straight at it, you don't see the filter...just the rocks around. Doesn't seem like there's an easy way to hide it from the top view...other than maybe throwing some hyacinth in there. Any thoughts is greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Minh

Jumbo
    This plan doesn't seem to fit with the plan for the big rocks. Maybe better filtration could be found Minh.

Mickey the windowman

Honmei
    There are companies that produce composite faux rock that could fit over your filter. This would be very light weight.

Tosai
    This is a lot harder than it seems on paper. Mickey, you are probably right about this waterfall filter not matching up too well with the big rocks...only thing I could see is have the waterfall away from the pond and have it trickles in as a stream...that way, I can use bigger rocks to hide the filter and not have it takes away from the big rocks in the main pond. Or I can forget all the rocks and just deck it and hide the filter with some formal structure....was it this hard yall's first time?

Quote Originally Posted by Minster49
    This is a lot harder than it seems on paper. Mickey, you are probably right about this waterfall filter not matching up too well with the big rocks...only thing I could see is have the waterfall away from the pond and have it trickles in as a stream...that way, I can use bigger rocks to hide the filter and not have it takes away from the big rocks in the main pond. Or I can forget all the rocks and just deck it and hide the filter with some formal structure....was it this hard yall's first time?
    Yes it really was!! The one thing I learn with every pond is to get more help with the things I don't understand each time.

LizB