Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: Drop in or boxed liner

Fry

Drop in or boxed liner

Does anyone know if there is a company that makes a large preformed or boxed liner? Please don't mistake me for a preformed pond....I was just wondering about something to drop in and beableto hookup BD to it.

Thanks!

Gordon

Fabseal is one

-Dan

Sansai
    Pearls of Paradise made one for a friend for his qt/hospital tank. It is 4w x 6L x 4h. A plywood box, I think I posted a picture somewhere here on the site 6 months or so ago.

Steve

Fry

Permalon Box Liner

I was able to get a box liner drop-in from Reef Industries in Houston in 2002. Mine was 8ftX5ftx4ft deep for a q-tank. It's made from Permalon. I got the idea from Mike S. who had threads (old) about this material on the KoiVet site. The corners are welded, with no place to catch dirt - very nicely done.

My pond has a pre-made drop in liner from Pearls of Paradise. Dimensions are.........

16 ft. long by 8 ft. wide, and 6 ft. 6 inches deep at the bottom of the sidewalls sloping to two bottom drains at 7 ft. 2 inches. At the 8 ft. mark on the length it is also 6 ft. 6 inches running across the bottom...forming two 8 ft. by 8 ft. compartments so to speak that are 6 ft. 6 inches sloping to the drains at 7 ft. 2 inches. Total gallons is 4487.
    Bottom drains are W. Limn with airdomes.....were easy to install. You just have to have the exact measurements with a detailed drawing for Pearls to build it. One additional thing...my whole liner only weighed 62 lbs....a whole lot less than a conventional liner, and easier to work with. Kinda like dropping an insert into a box. Took less than an hour.
    There are more expensive however, but worth the cost in my opinion.

Looking for a photo...

Found A Photo...before Liner Install To Show What I Described Above. Hope That Helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Drop in or boxed liner-im000023.jpg  

Jumbo
    I just had one delivered from Fabseal this week, but some suspect the raw materials they purchase may not be fish safe so I beleive they have stopped doing this for fish ponds now. There were some morts possibly relating to this liner here locally. One particular friend just installed his and hit it hard with PP "just to be safe". He now has a few goldfish in there and all seems to be fine so far. I'll be doing the same with mine before I place fish in my new pond. We got the liner installed today and bottom drains cut in. We're fighting the weather so there may not be much more work done until spring. DH is in Japan so when he returns with the camera, I'll post some photos. The material that is used is industrial grade 40mil PVC. Don't let the PVC lable foul you. This in no way resembles the PVC junk that we see for fish ponds and in kits. It's sturdy and has a 300% linereral stretch to it as well.