Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Lilhelpers 6000 Gallon pond!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lildude View Post
    I didnt put the fish in there carolina girl, I am not the one. David put them in there. If I purchased them, I would have taken them to my pond at my dads.
    so David designed this pond, David built this pond his way with no filters, and David put the fish in it. It sure sounds like David's pond to me! Regardless of who bought the fish, you need to do the right thing for them. You have two choices.

1. Give the fish to someone who will take care of them.
    2. put a filter on that pond and keep them.

no other options are acceptible. You can't just let them die in "your" pond. If your family can afford to take a trip to Africa, then you certainly can afford to take proper care of the fish by building some good DIY filters. If you can't take proper care of them, then get rid of them.

Quote Originally Posted by lildude View Post
    You are right, I need to be much more socially open minded and need to close my pie hole, and learn. I get caught up in trying to prove myself and totally fall apart. This is a good time to change my ways. I was getting really heated about koicop and lost what he was trying to teach me, I dont think I ever even caught on.
    I talked to my mom about the problem I was having here and she gave me advice, she also helped me write that big paragraph, go ahead and laugh, yes my mommy helped me. Its really hard for me to keep my pie hole shut, I mean I want to learn, so I ask questions, and most of the time they arent good questions, or I am confused in my question. Really I have only had maybe 1 or 2 really good threads that I have started. Thanks Marie. Oh I have 2 ponds, the smaller one is mine, I dug it all myself, bought the liner, and made everything for it, filters etc, grandpa got me the pump. The big one on the other hand, technically isnt mine, but its a gift from him to me as a step dad present. David has a big heart, is polite, and I am glad my mom chose him as her husband and my step dad.
    You get all wrapped up alright, that's for sure. But it's not in proving yourself--it's that insatiable and urgent need for attention and acceptance you fight for, just like you're doing here, again, with the umpteenth apology and self-justification designed to pack my and everybody's bags with guilt for calling you on your actions.

What you don't seem to understand is that ACTIONS speak waaaay louder than words, and what you say and what you do are at odds--which in plain English is hypocrisy. A hypocrite is a person that pretends to be something he is not. If you truly were into koi (and not here with a different agenda), you would have been reading every scrap of information available to you to really learn about them and how to keep them rather than skimming a little knowledge here and there just so you can fake it enough to find a niche for yourself in a community that would and has bent over backwards to help you learn.

But it isn't the learning you're here for, that much is abundantly clear. It's the camraderie that you must certainly lack in "the real world" you're here for, so you pretend to want to learn, you pretend you understand when you know you do not, and you treat everyone as if you should be able to just jump into their train of thought and give advice when you haven't a clue what you're talking about.

If you want to be a part of the adult professional world, you must not act like a 5 year old child. You say that you're a "Man of Champaigne on a Beer Budget"--but you're not a man. You're 17 years old and refuse to be held accountable for your actions just like a little kid. All of a sudden you've got your mommy writing for you and passing the buck on who put the fish in the pond with no filtration.

I'm not laughing.

A real man takes responsibility for his actions and doesn't blame others for them. He isn't a hypocrite and he walks his talk. You've got a long ways to go before you can equal even the least on this forum...

...no excuses. Shut the yap, hypocrite's child.

Marie

Marie

http://www.koi-bito.com/forum/koi-gr...wout-form.html

"Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and
    paints his own nature into his pictures."
    --Henry Ward Beecher

Jim, you can throw us outside any time....

Nisai

lil DUDE

So what's next?

I would say the right thing to do now would be to come clean with us all. Tell us exactly what you and David built, and do you really want a Koi pond or just a simple water feature? David seems talented enough to help you turn this into a fuctional Koi or Goldfish pond so now it's up to you. I am sure if you make the right decision and you are honest help is not too far away. All is not lost and most of the hard work is done.

David

lil'dud . . .

So you want to get this thread back on track? Fine with me. But with 17 posts since I was here last Ė and 5 more members down on your case overnight Ė where to begin? Oh, the decisions, the decisions!

1. Letís start with this misconception of yours: Why do you want to make this personal?

It wasnít personal when Tewa got pounded. It wasnít personal when Jungle George got pounded. It wasnít personal when John Russell got pounded. It wasnít personal when John Hawley got pounded. And it ainít personal when you get pounded.

This is a serious koi board, unlike the other two Ďfamily boardsí you post on. That means that there are standards to be met here and the standards are enforced here by the members of the board Ė not by the moderator. If you canít cut the mustard Ė which you donít Ė the penalty for stupid, inappropriate posting is swift and certain and painful. Get it now?

You post like youíre goofing with your slacker buddies during nutrition break at the local Junior High School Ė which is not only totally inappropriate, it is downright offensive. We are adults, we are intelligent and we canít stand to read another one of your moronic posts!

If you donít like the facts of life here, leave. Iím not talking about leaving the hobby. Iím not talking about leaving all the boards. Iím talking about this board. Youíve had enough chances. Youíve apologized far too many times. You havenít learned. Now itís time to run for your life. ĎCause weíre just beginning to warm to the cause.

2. Then there was this from you about the importance of knowing correct pond volume: Only will it matter is when I need to medicate, even then, I will have a QT.

Thatís an outright lie. Everyone on this board, including you, knows why itís important: You canít add chemicals or medications or salt to treat bacteria, fungus, parasites or organic buildup in your pond without knowing the volume. Miss by even a little with some of these and your koi are dead. ďHave a QTĒ my azz. More bull$hit.

The real reason you threw that out was to rationalize what you did in exaggerating the pond volume by 300% Ė and to try to deflect criticism. Well it didnít work, did it?

3. About this one of yours: Another member said, why whole wheat bread, and what brand?

When Joe (Keokoi) asked what kind of wheat bread you fed your koi, he didnít really care what the answer was. He was just poking fun at you for feeding your koi garbage, and posting the fact like an ignorant newbie. You were too stoopid to get the joke Ė which happens to you a lot on this board, huh? Youíre the butt of more jokes here than any other 20 members combined. Get a clue, dufuss.

4. As for this one: I would like to address to koicop; because from now on I will not respond to any of your posts of insult.ďYour entitled to your own opinion and as am IĒ If you want to pick on someone, do it with another your own size ďLeave me aloneĒ

Well, I guess thatís progress Ė since that means there will less of your posts to read. Ha!

Gotta ask: Who of us has Ďsizeí on a koi forum? Heck, youíre even taller than me! Does that count? Could it be that your mommy meant only immature, juvenile idiots of your own ilk (in other words, your peers) should be able to pick on you? Please ask her if thatís what she meant? Because if thatís what she meant, then I know where you can go to find a couple of them.

Seriously, though, once youíve posted stupid in public you donít get to choose who responds. And if you think you can ignore or turn me or any other members of this board on and off at will, then you need to get back on that spacecraft and return to your home planet.

5. Finally (but only because I really, really need to go fix myself some lunch), letís discuss having your mommy help you with the big paragraphs, the big words, the big concepts: We call that having Mommy fight your battles for you, ya lilíweenie. OH MY GOD. Uh, thatís not acceptable. And you are never, ever going to live that down. And I donít care if you live to be 100 years old.

If you ever post on this board again (which I now almost hope you do), I swear to God members will climb over each otherís dead bodies to be the first one to ask you: ďEric, is that you? Or is it Mommy Dearest, again?Ē

I know, because Iíll be one of the ones scrambling to get to the keyboard.
    Don Chandler
    Member: AKCA, ZNA, KoiUSA

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by drussell View Post
    So what's next?

I would say the right thing to do now would be to come clean with us all. Tell us exactly what you and David built, and do you really want a Koi pond or just a simple water feature? David seems talented enough to help you turn this into a fuctional Koi or Goldfish pond so now it's up to you. I am sure if you make the right decision and you are honest help is not too far away. All is not lost and most of the hard work is done.

David
    Whats next is to move on and learn from my mistakes, big mistakes that I have repeateded many times in the past.
    Come clean, sure. But I am not as dirty as many think I am.
    My koi pond is not a simple water feature, right now it is just a big big puddle with 3 fish swimming in it right now, but It is going to be beautiful, and my koi will finally get their pond that they deserve. Thanks for seeing me when I was invisible. I didnt do my gallonage correct because I didn't average out the depths, so I was off by about 2500 or so gallons.
    Last edited by lildude; 01-30-2007 at 05:36 PM.

I am stunned .....that you Eric are STILL apologizing for your words!

I know some folks think that we are squishing your "enthusiasm" for the hobby.but that is not even close to the truth.

Your interest is not in answers.it is only in the questions you post. You change subjects within posts more often than my geese crap.

You do not hold yourself accountable, at all. Your age ceased to be a reason to "accept" your more than childish behavior long ago...17 is not a child.

I still have the pm's you sent to me here...and you were STILL saying you were going to change your ways, then back paddling as fast as you could saying "sorry" to all, as false as it was.
    You have not learned one thing in your postings except how to prolong the agony in seeing so many folks going crazy trying to babysit .

I knew what you were like long ago........and at first I thought'Just a kid.he has passions.........He is harmless........he wants to learn........

That very quickly changed into.He thinks he knows it all already.......kid or not, he is arrogant.......he is inane in the repetitivness in his posts..........he is rude to his elders, even when they are trying the help him.........he may want to learn but in his own way, his own agenda.

Your pond will not be a working koi pond.not at this rate. Maybe you are best to stick with goldfish,.seriously.until you are able to provide the fish with the environment that they Deserve. Right now, you are fulfilling every ponders nightmare....sticking fish into a water hole that is not ready to add health and life to any fish.

CHill man? If someone said that to me as many times as you have repeated this to to others here, I would have slammed you. At least given you a yellow card....how many colors are there

I am with Don, Marie, Cindy, Russell and many others...(sorry if I am adding your name.without your ok)......stop........

Your signature says you are on a break? When does this break begin? Because I would truly love to see you take one. Redo the pond.get the water out.......figure out your plumbing....there are thousands of DIY threads all over the net that can show you what NEEDS to be done........not what you only want to pretend needs to be done.

okay...I'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by dubtaco View Post
    How will a french drain help, do you understand what a french drain is? A french drain will not stop the surface mud and debris from falling into the pond.

Also you said there is a bottom drain, I don't see any plumbing or pics to prove it. Are you sure there is a bottim drain? Did you put in a skimmer before all of those rocks were mortared in, I couldn't see one in the pics.
    what is a FRENCH DRAIN?

I have no idea, but I didn't think Eric did either..

No seriously though...

A french drain is a ditch or trench filled with gravel which may or may not be covered with earth. I have seen them used around foundations to prevent surface or ground water from penetrating through. In Erics situation with that large hill above the pond I don't think it would stop mud and other crap from flowing into the pond during heavy rain.

Quote Originally Posted by dubtaco View Post
    I have no idea, but I didn't think Eric did either..

No seriously though...

A french drain is a ditch or trench filled with gravel which may or may not be covered with earth. I have seen them used around foundations to prevent surface or ground water from penetrating through. In Erics situation with that large hill above the pond I don't think it would stop mud and other crap from flowing into the pond during heavy rain.

Out here in the sticks we might call that a leach line, Chris. Sorta....

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast