Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Seedstart of Persimmon Pond

Jumbo
    Well, not eaten is kinda aesthetically pleasing, dontcha think?

Even my ponds here at home are "armored" and still I lost an important fish last September. That's why the one I'm working on now is in a greenhouse.

I've had the same questions as Steve the birdman about the blocks of clarity on Google Earth. Who owns the satellites? Are they law enforcement/ national security/ intelligence tools? If so, then it is possible that the blurry spots are where there are no drug dealers, no need to have clarity. Or reverse, there is, and they don't want you to see it. Spooky. I know some are so clear you can see vehicles and shadows. Neither my house in Michigan nor the land in Florida have good detail in their Google Earth shots.

In Marie's plot map, I thought the barn by the road was the house; with nothing to scale it to I couldn't size it. It's big right?.

Mickey the windowman

Quote Originally Posted by mitten View Post
    Well, not eaten is kinda aesthetically pleasing, dontcha think?

Even my ponds here at home are "armored" and still I lost an important fish last September. That's why the one I'm working on now is in a greenhouse.

I've had the same questions as Steve the birdman about the blocks of clarity on Google Earth. Who owns the satellites? Are they law enforcement/ national security/ intelligence tools? If so, then it is possible that the blurry spots are where there are no drug dealers, no need to have clarity. Or reverse, there is, and they don't want you to see it. Spooky. I know some are so clear you can see vehicles and shadows. Neither my house in Michigan nor the land in Florida have good detail in their Google Earth shots.

In Marie's plot map, I thought the barn by the road was the house; with nothing to scale it to I couldn't size it. It's big right?.

Mickey the windowman
    Not eaten would be more soul satisfying instead of aesthetic, but I get the drift, Mick. Now see, I'm thinking netting like fish net stockings and in an aesthetically pleasing panoply of brilliant colors. And of course they'd have to compliment the colors of the koi they cover. Maybe have colorful banners or standards or windsocks too.

Where am I going to find such articles?

Guess this Queen of Point and Click will have to see if she can find IT on the 'Bay....

The building up front is my daughter's new house. It is 24x60', to give you some idea of scale. So it's not very big. Mine is the same size, you just can't see it for the trees and the dark comp roof. I planted them as 1" twigs some 20 years ago. Their shade is invaluable in the summer, making at least a 10-15 degree difference on those hot days. I'd say my oasis is approximately 100 x 150', again to give you a hint of scale.

Who owns the sattelites that take these pics? I have no idea, but Bill Gates comes to mind. Do you really think the government would share theirs? I don't think so... It's got to be privately owned. There's a lot of those up there, ya knoe?

M
    Marie

http://www.koi-bito.com/forum/koi-gr...wout-form.html

"Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and
    paints his own nature into his pictures."
    --Henry Ward Beecher

Hey, Marie . . .

check Roark's -- there's another post from him over there .

Thanks for the head's up!

Will do, Don. I'd tried to post a pic there yesterday and got hit by his spambot and the resultant rant. *LOL*

Marie . . .

LOL

I read about him coding his spambot -- but can only imagine how entertaining his rant must have been!

*chuckles*

Quote Originally Posted by KoiCop View Post
    LOL

I read about him coding his spambot -- but can only imagine how entertaining his rant must have been!
    It was chest poking with a chubby forefinger fun, Don. Wish you'd been there. *LOL*

M

http://www.koi-uk.co.uk/koi_farm.htm

Try this link and take a look at how a budding british koi farmer overcome the obstacle you are facing. It might help you out

Good luck

Jumbo
    It might help more if the pages were added to in the last year? Or has it been two now?

Maurice! We're starvin for pics of the progress! Polish us off man. Floor us. Knock us out. (somebody translate that to English for me, please.)

Gosh O'Daisy Sharpey 666, don't you think we've all drooled on those pages for hours?

Mickey the windowman

Quote Originally Posted by sharpey999 View Post
    http://www.koi-uk.co.uk/koi_farm.htm

Try this link and take a look at how a budding british koi farmer overcome the obstacle you are facing. It might help you out

Good luck
    Thanks for the tip. Maurice has done a heck of a job with his ponds. However, my budget can't go that high. Oh no...I've gotta make something from nothing in the most literal of terms as I'm no million-heiress that can afford hundreds of thousands of dollars to buy the ideal from someone else. Nope. You're going to see some real creative stuff come spring as most everything will bartered or traded for, not store bought, and absolutely nothing will be high tech.

Maybe we should all join in prayer....

M

Quote Originally Posted by mitten View Post
    It might help more if the pages were added to in the last year? Or has it been two now?

Maurice! We're starvin for pics of the progress! Polish us off man. Floor us. Knock us out. (somebody translate that to English for me, please.)

Gosh O'Daisy Sharpey 666, don't you think we've all drooled on those pages for hours?

Mickey the windowman
    Yeah, no kidding! I've learned so much from that self-documentary. I'd like to hear some sort of hindsight evaluation from Maurice on his designs and how they're working out for him, what could be better, what was spot on, and where he's going from here. Every little shred of information is ever so helpful!

M

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast