Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: Tt

Jumbo

Tt

I would really like to incorporate a trickle tower with my new indoor pond. I have a couple of questions maybe you can help me with. I would use 3 or 4 trays like the Baki Towers, with either the baki media or lava rock. It would be in this corner pictured and supplied by the 2" pipe sticking up in the center.

#1, should I have a small flow trickling over the media or a large flow drenching the media like the baki showers?

#2, how in the heck can I hide it. It would be over the end of my pond so it would be in plane sight. I want it to either be attractive or hidden by plants or a screen or something. The finished tower would be in the far corner of the sun room and in plane sight so I either have to hide it or make it attrictave. Any ideas?

Jumbo
    Steve-

A fellow built a massive hidden shower filter that could be adapted in smaller size for your pond's spot. Try Koivet and search CarlosKoi for the thread on his pond build. No idea if it is still there, haven't been there for years, but it should be there. Stacked milk crates (cheap enough) filled with matting and lavarock (cheap enough) hidden by a slate covered wall ( a little bit of industry and cost involved there, eh?)

At my house I have a 4' x 2' waterfall built of 4" solid blocks and waterproofed. I run from my skimmer to a 1200gph pump and up over this 5 cu. ft. of media. It works. It was cheap and I'm cheap. I think it looks good. Improved openness of structure for aeration of the media, more height and more flow are all changes that would improve its performance.

Mickey the windowman

Jumbo
    Thanks Mickey for your ideas, but I guess we can forget this thread. My wife said No Way was I putting some big, ugly, noisy thing on "Her" patio in "Her" sun room. Gee I thought this was my project. So I think I can come up with something inside my filter house that will work, maybe even better. At least it's nice to see she has some intrest in the new pond and sunroom.