Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: hire a builder to do a 10,000 gal polyurea/gunite pond for $35k ?

Quote Originally Posted by HoppingEnt View Post
    Nancy, you are correct. I did not read the fine print. Thank you, I stand corrected and am all about following the rules. I am in contact with Brian Sousa about advertising.

On another note, as a builder of many years I am all about helping others to find solutions and have many references in Omaha Nebraska and San Diego CA. as to my expertise as a professional and a builder. Happy to have anyone bounce ideas off of me, potential customer or not. I hope that you all will welcome me as an addition to your community.

Thanks

Gale J. Hopping
    Gale
    Can you please fill us in on what type of filtration you use, pumps, Plumbing size when building a typical 10,000 koi pond?
    Thank You
    Nancy

Tosai
    Nacy, yes thanks for asking.

I use Filtrific Ponds Systems.
    There are several different configurations depending on ones needs. They are hidden, self contained units that also can be used for hybrid pond systems that are great for saving energy and water. Pumps (Answer & BVP series. Capacity for multipal if needed), gravity fed bottom drains & oxygenators, water fall discharges, jet discharges (1 1/2" pipe per discharge), top skimmers, door skimmers (4" returns) and a patented Vanishing Water System for falls and water ways not nessescary for the Koi habitat, when not needed for visual effect (all runnoff/overflow is self contained until needed again. You can even add to the system after it is built for pond additions or added capacity). They include everything needed for automation and ease of care since the whole purpose of having Koi is to enjoy them as much as possible. Bio filtration (BioCores), UV filtration (Aqua Ultra Violet), automatic fill, automatic pump shut off, automatic overflow and drainage. Everything is underground and can be placed anywhere the landscape dictates. All you see and hear is the water feature.
    No I am not a dealer, just a builder that likes to use great products in my projects.
    I build out of anything the customer wants, with excellence. From a low budget hole in the ground with a rubber liner, to high end with Gunnite and spray on Polyurea Elastomer liners, Natural rocks, stone and boulders to hand crafted faux boulders and a variety of masonry finishes.

I am open to other systems and manufacturers however as you all know, cost, ease of care and maintenace are major factors in building a successfull Koi habitat and the Filtrific Pond Systems are great stuff. I attended the KCSD's 21st annual Koi show last month as a vendor and did much comparing to what was there, for now I still stand by my choice. Do you have a favorite and why is that your choice?

I attended the KCSD's 21st annual Koi show last month as a vendor and did much comparing to what was there, for now I still stand by my choice. Do you have a favorite and why is that your choice?
    Nexus... because they kick butt.

BC-40 BioCore 40

I'm curious, what exactly is the media inside this canister? Is the water somehow forced through the canister, or does it simply flow around it?

Kind Regards,
    Bill

Nacy, yes thanks for asking.

I use Filtrific Ponds Systems.
    There are several different configurations depending on ones needs. They are hidden, self contained units that also can be used for hybrid pond systems that are great for saving energy and water. Pumps (Answer & BVP series. Capacity for multipal if needed), gravity fed bottom drains & oxygenators, water fall discharges, jet discharges (1 1/2" pipe per discharge), top skimmers, door skimmers (4" returns) and a patented Vanishing Water System for falls and water ways not nessescary for the Koi habitat, when not needed for visual effect (all runnoff/overflow is self contained until needed again. You can even add to the system after it is built for pond additions or added capacity). They include everything needed for automation and ease of care since the whole purpose of having Koi is to enjoy them as much as possible. Bio filtration (BioCores), UV filtration (Aqua Ultra Violet), automatic fill, automatic pump shut off, automatic overflow and drainage. Everything is underground and can be placed anywhere the landscape dictates. All you see and hear is the water feature.
    No I am not a dealer, just a builder that likes to use great products in my projects.
    I build out of anything the customer wants, with excellence. From a low budget hole in the ground with a rubber liner, to high end with Gunnite and spray on Polyurea Elastomer liners, Natural rocks, stone and boulders to hand crafted faux boulders and a variety of masonry finishes.

I am open to other systems and manufacturers however as you all know, cost, ease of care and maintenace are major factors in building a successfull Koi habitat and the Filtrific Pond Systems are great stuff. I attended the KCSD's 21st annual Koi show last month as a vendor and did much comparing to what was there, for now I still stand by my choice. Do you have a favorite and why is that your choice?
    I prefer Performance Pro Artesian Pumps , With english style filtration coming from 4" bottom drains, to a settlement chamber, following Japanese filtration media in the following chambers, with a Ultima at the end for final polishing, Jmatt filtration needs air also 120LPM air pump, and 120lpm air pump on bottome drains.

I was at the show don't remember seeing your booth, were was it located?

Tosai
    I was right inbetween Mustic Koi and Lee from Performance Pro (SW corner of building)

We had 2 Faux boulders in our display that we brougth in from the 2200 gal pond we just finished in Bonita for one of the Club members.

Mustic Koi
    Who?

I was right inbetween Mustic Koi and Lee from Performance Pro (SW corner of building)

We had 2 Faux boulders in our display that we brougth in from the 2200 gal pond we just finished in Bonita for one of the Club members.
    That would be Mystic Koi, I guess I missed you, dont know how as I spent a lot of time with Lee B. and Shawn at Mystic in both there booths.

Tosai
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticKoi View Post
    Nexus... because they kick butt.

BC-40 BioCore 40

I'm curious, what exactly is the media inside this canister? Is the water somehow forced through the canister, or does it simply flow around it?

Kind Regards,
    Bill
    Bill I was right next to the Mystic Koi booth and the Nexus is nice (did we meet?), some similarities. The filter media I believe is a 100 micron Polystrand media (and I will get clear) The water is forced arround and through the cannisters as the water enters into the sysem from the 4" return, through the micron screen baskets and back into the pump from there.

Tosai
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticKoi View Post
    Who?
    Brett Kerr, he was the one that actually turned me onto the show.

Bill
    Were those the lil canister filters? that could do a 10,000 pond? I think I remember seeing them now

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast