Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: hire a builder to do a 10,000 gal polyurea/gunite pond for $35k ?

Tosai

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy M. View Post
    That would be Mystic Koi, I guess I missed you, dont know how as I spent a lot of time with Lee B. and Shawn at Mystic in both there booths.
    I was the new guy, and was invisible to a lot a people I guess.
    I have been invited by a couple of members and will attend one of the upcoming KCSD meetings. I look forward to getting to know more of you soon.

Best regards

Gale

Jumbo
    Quote Originally Posted by mitten View Post
    Well your delivery is crass and elemental. Your intent is all to clear. Your English is substandard. Your post is an intrusion and unlikely to help your business, which is a shame because it looks like you have plenty of experience that could be focused on koi ponds after a bunch of learning from the forum history here. But right now you are a landscaper trying to pump yourself up. Ptui.
    As a builder since 1976 and a tradesman since 1971 let me modify my post so you can read it better. You only perceived my statements as negative. Ha Ha. Never would I call myself a Master Craftsman. I would wait for others to do so. Get it.

If you type in the post box there is a spell checker that will help with some of your troubles, underlining with red the words that you may wish to pay attention to. I'm no Master Speller and don't represent myself as one, but there are many folks from around the world reading this, some replying, and they take the time to use proper English for our convenience. Maybe you could too, Gale from Omaha.
    Mickey the windowman, the world is a very big place.

Aquitori says Keokoi says "even sun shines on dogs ass..." so I say... Buy Ugly Early.

Bill I was right next to the Mystic Koi booth and the Nexus is nice (did we meet?), some similarities. The filter media I believe is a 100 micron Polystrand media (and I will get clear) The water is forced arround and through the cannisters as the water enters into the sysem from the 4" return, through the micron screen baskets and back into the pump from there.
    Gale,

Unfortunately, I had a bad case of the flu and so wasn't able to attend. Perhaps you met with Jasper or Shawn in our booth? In any event, I'm sorry I missed you!

Not sure what you mean by similarities... the "Filtrific" uses a mesh basket for pre-filtration, and a polyflo coil for bio? The Nexus uses a spin vortex coupled with static Kaldnes for pre-filtration, and fluidized Kaldnes for bio. Nothing even remotely similar in both concept and application!

Question... in reviewing the Filtrific web site, it appears that the "system" is geared toward water features (rock and gravel bottoms no less). I can't tell from all the photos and drawings, but I didn't see any examples of the products configured for koi ponds. Do you promote the use of gravel in the bottom of koi ponds? Further, I see that the pumps you listed are submersible types... and so I assume that when you say you gravity feed from a bottom drain, you actually mean that the drain connects into the Filtrific box which is also connected to the skimmer line, yes? If so, how do you control flow rates between the two devices?

Kind Regards,
    Bill

Bill,
    It Sure Looks Like A Rock And Gravel Setup.
    Michael

Tosai
    Quote Originally Posted by mitten View Post
    As a builder since 1976 and a tradesman since 1971 let me modify my post so you can read it better. You only perceived my statements as negative. Ha Ha. Never would I call myself a Master Craftsman. I would wait for others to do so. Get it.

If you type in the post box there is a spell checker that will help with some of your troubles, underlining with red the words that you may wish to pay attention to. I'm no Master Speller and don't represent myself as one, but there are many folks from around the world reading this, some replying, and they take the time to use proper English for our convenience. Maybe you could too, Gale from Omaha.
    Thanks for the compliment and the advise. The spell check didn't seem to work, guess I need a download...
    As per the the statement, my colleagues gave me that title a few years ago, I am pretty sure it has something to do with the work I have left behind me. I have just recently learned to own it and go with what works.
    I grew up in the trades and was union for 17 years (local chairman) until I went off on my own. I have experience in most every trade except for hanging steel, some only as an apprentice and a good handfull as a journeyman, manager and owner. My Father was a carpenter and his father before him.

Tosai
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticKoi View Post
    Gale,

Unfortunately, I had a bad case of the flu and so wasn't able to attend. Perhaps you met with Jasper or Shawn in our booth? In any event, I'm sorry I missed you!

Not sure what you mean by similarities... the "Filtrific" uses a mesh basket for pre-filtration, and a polyflo coil for bio? The Nexus uses a spin vortex coupled with static Kaldnes for pre-filtration, and fluidized Kaldnes for bio. Nothing even remotely similar in both concept and application!

Question... in reviewing the Filtrific web site, it appears that the "system" is geared toward water features (rock and gravel bottoms no less). I can't tell from all the photos and drawings, but I didn't see any examples of the products configured for koi ponds. Do you promote the use of gravel in the bottom of koi ponds? Further, I see that the pumps you listed are submersible types... and so I assume that when you say you gravity feed from a bottom drain, you actually mean that the drain connects into the Filtrific box which is also connected to the skimmer line, yes? If so, how do you control flow rates between the two devices?

Kind Regards,
    Bill

Yes the pumps are submersibles as they are contained inside the system, out of site and out of ear shot. I do not promote the use of gravel for Koi ponds. I like plaster, concrete or liner bottoms. The gravity feed for the oxygenator disk connects to the skimmer and all water returns to the main unit via the 4" pipe. The flow rate is dictated by the height of the discarge line for the gavity feed inside the skimmer. The lower the line discharges from within the skimmer below the water line the higher the rate of flow and it can be set up to be adjustable with a sleeve and coupling. Depending on the design, configuaration or application, bottom drains and jets can be connected directly to the system as well. The main unit can house multipal pumps and multiple BioCores if needed or desired.

I would be interested in knowing more about the Nexus system as well. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by gspotmc View Post
    Bill,
    It Sure Looks Like A Rock And Gravel Setup.
    Michael
    where did you guys see the pix ?

Quote Originally Posted by HoppingEnt View Post
    Yes the pumps are submersibles as they are contained inside the system, out of site and out of ear shot. I do not promote the use of gravel for Koi ponds. I like plaster, concrete or liner bottoms. The gravity feed for the oxygenator disk connects to the skimmer and all water returns to the main unit via the 4" pipe. The flow rate is dictated by the height of the discarge line for the gavity feed inside the skimmer. The lower the line discharges from within the skimmer below the water line the higher the rate of flow and it can be set up to be adjustable with a sleeve and coupling. Depending on the design, configuaration or application, bottom drains and jets can be connected directly to the system as well. The main unit can house multipal pumps and multiple BioCores if needed or desired.

I would be interested in knowing more about the Nexus system as well. Thanks!
    in a 10k gal pond? i can't afford the electric bill.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticKoi View Post
    Nexus... because they kick butt.

BC-40 BioCore 40

I'm curious, what exactly is the media inside this canister? Is the water somehow forced through the canister, or does it simply flow around it?

Kind Regards,
    Bill
    That the link,

Quote Originally Posted by moikoi View Post
    in a 10k gal pond? i can't afford the electric bill.
    Moikoi,
    you need to have your own electric company. If you will be using a bunch of submersible pump for a 10K pond.
    Michael

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast