Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: bakki shower

Sansai

bakki shower

hello kb member , last night on my research for my filter ( i plan for my new pond) i find out a discuss about Bakki shower but it happen stop at page 36 or 37 .. i didn't know what happen after that ? i feel likely everybody don't want to talk about it at this forum i shouldn't not bring it up but i just want some answer for it . Can someone give me that? Last page i read it talking about used lava rock or bio ball for it, is that working? i try to get some ceramic media but my dealer don't have it. if someones have a good shower can share with me on that ones .thank you

[quote=nguyen4;100181]hello kb member , last night on my research for my filter ( i plan for my new pond) i find out a discuss about Bakki shower but it happen stop at page 36 or 37 .. i didn't know what happen after that ? i feel likely everybody don't want to talk about it at this forum i shouldn't not bring it up but i just want some answer for it . Can someone give me that? Last page i read it talking about used lava rock or bio ball for it, is that working? i try to get some ceramic media but my dealer don't have it. if someones have a good shower can share with me on that ones .thank you[/quote Try calling Majestic koi and look for Rob. I heard that he has a shipment of BH coming in. Try it you won't be sorry.
    Michael

it can be noisy so check out in personal first. majestic koi should have one setup and running. Stop by and check it out. Unless space is an issue, else I like the conventional filtering instead of bakki shower.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by nguyen4 View Post
    hello kb member , last night on my research for my filter ( i plan for my new pond) i find out a discuss about Bakki shower but it happen stop at page 36 or 37 .. i didn't know what happen after that ? i feel likely everybody don't want to talk about it at this forum i shouldn't not bring it up but i just want some answer for it . Can someone give me that? Last page i read it talking about used lava rock or bio ball for it, is that working? i try to get some ceramic media but my dealer don't have it. if someones have a good shower can share with me on that ones .thank you

Not sure which post or article you are referring to but I have been happy with the Bakki House media. The claim TDS will drop is correct. My initial finding did find a 10 point drop per week in TDS, not sure if BH can take all the credit but I was impressed. The main drawback IMO with using BH is the cost. I know there has been talk on various forums about where to find this product, but I have not heard where other then from Japan. Keirin Koi used to carry this product also. Regarding Lava rock and Bio balls (lots of plastic products out there), I would think the key would be the texture of the surfaces to retain, protect and keep clean & moist surfaces for bio slime to develop. I believe under high flow conditions, BH would fair higher over lava rock then plastics IMO.
    Bob

Jumbo
    I built a DIY shower for my pond using sealed plywood and lava rock. I am flowing 8500 gph through it and realy love the results. So much so I am making new fiberglass trays to replace the wooden ones and will be offering the new fiberglass trays to DIY-ers. This picture is of the wooden trays durning construction.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bakki shower-indoor-pond-251a.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
    I built a DIY shower for my pond using sealed plywood and lava rock. I am flowing 8500 gph through it and realy love the results. So much so I am making new fiberglass trays to replace the wooden ones and will be offering the new fiberglass trays to DIY-ers. This picture is of the wooden trays durning construction.
    Very nice . I noticed that all the new baki shower units now look like plastic bottle crates holes on the sides . Why I dont know but must be something in it may be better aireation .
    Regards
    Eugene

MCA
    nope....it is that those 4' plastic crate are MUCH cheaper than Momo's stainless versions!!!! Got two stack in the backyard right now.

Quote Originally Posted by MCA View Post
    nope....it is that those 4' plastic crate are MUCH cheaper than Momo's stainless versions!!!! Got two stack in the backyard right now.
    If I remember correctly, you're using the BH media, right? What flow rate are you putting through them? Did/do you notice a significant drop in your TDS since having them installed? I remember seeing a pic of your pond/showers on another thread. I like your setup. Maybe you could post a pic of the setup here with an explanation of flow and return to pond so we get a better idea of form and function.

Thanks Mike

Nisai
    Ask Rob, at Majestic koi.
    He has one set up and nice.
    he has video on it too.
    Jackson

MCA
    By the time I finished installing my showers it got too cold to use them. So in March I will probably crank them up...depending on temp. Right now the media is all 1" bio balls. I think those are the next best thing to BS. The have lots of void space for plenty of gas exchange.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast