Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Epoxy Coating for Concerete Pond

If Nelsonite is the same stuff as pond armor, then I will swear by it, we used Nelsonite on our pond 11 years ago, there is not one single area that it has pilled or bubbled. If you apply it correctly, then it is a great product.

I have to say that we shot gunite, then we plasterd and acid washed, then applied the Nelsonite..

There is no way in hell that I would apply it directly to cinder blocks and expect it to seal them. First you need to seal the blocks with something stucco, plaster, chicken scratch.....

Frank has been using this product for 11 years, and has NEVER had a pond leak, and we are talking about hundreds of ponds...

If the pond is built correctly to begin with, and the product is applied correctly.. You have a great finished product.

Nancy

After reading the specs for both products, THEY ARE DEFINITELY NOT THE SAME! Glad to hear Frank has had such success with the Nelsonite products. The next time we use the Pond Shield from Pond Armor, I'm going to add Xypex to the gunite, make sure they trowel it very smooth and then acid wash and apply the coating. That was the mistake we made on this first attempt, not making sure the surface was really smooth. That was our mistake, not the Pond Shield.

Mike

I thought I would share with you what happens when a pond is not built correctly. Frank was called to repair this pond, it had only been running for a couple months and was leaking big time.
    When it was built the concrete had not been cured properly, and the plaster was mixed incorrectly and the pipes were not sealed. As you can see the plaster lifted and the water was leaking right through the gunite...

Fry

Epoxy

Hi if you want to do the job right check out this company's website. I have used their Ecopoxy and its a great product. In Canada try this website
    ECO Poxy Systems, Canada

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678