Home | About Us | Contact Us


Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: ponds

  1. #1
    Sansai
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    bay area ,ca
    Posts
    283

    ponds

    I live in san jose, i have a question? if you have big backyard, money around 15k i can DIY filter....how big my pond can be? how measure will be prefer? i ready pay 1500 for dig a hole

  2. #2
    Jumbo Steve Nguyen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    994
    are you a member of ZNA NorCal yet?

    we can hook up on next meeting and review your design. just come up with something and go from there. unless you want to enter your fish for competition, else keep it at manageable pond size. big pond require more maintenances and more work for sure and more money for equipment.
    if you want some suggestions, send me a PM with your phone.

    Steve

  3. #3
    Honmei
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Martinez,CA
    Posts
    4,611
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Nguyen View Post
    are you a member of ZNA NorCal yet?

    we can hook up on next meeting and review your design. just come up with something and go from there. unless you want to enter your fish for competition, else keep it at manageable pond size. big pond require more maintenances and more work for sure and more money for equipment.
    if you want some suggestions, send me a PM with your phone.

    Steve
    You guys are just going to get together to conspire on splitting the prize at the seminar and to figure out how to get free lunch for both of you from Kari.LOL

  4. #4
    Sansai
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    bay area ,ca
    Posts
    283
    hahahahaha

  5. #5
    Honmei
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Martinez,CA
    Posts
    4,611
    Quote Originally Posted by nguyen4 View Post
    hahahahaha


    Yuuup!!!

  6. #6
    Jumbo RookieKoiGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Southern, CA Member of Inland Koi Society, Koi Club of San Diego & ZNA SoCal
    Posts
    885
    Quote Originally Posted by nguyen4 View Post
    I live in san jose, i have a question? if you have big backyard, money around 15k i can DIY filter....how big my pond can be? how measure will be prefer? i ready pay 1500 for dig a hole

    Are you going to use liner,block/fiberglass,block/liner,concrete/plaster,spray liner?


    RookieKoiGuy Grow out Form

  7. #7
    Jumbo Steve Nguyen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    994
    it's a team work effort.

    Steve

    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Peters View Post
    You guys are just going to get together to conspire on splitting the prize at the seminar and to figure out how to get free lunch for both of you from Kari.LOL

  8. #8
    Oyagoi CarolinaGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,620
    I disagree with building a smaller managable size. I did that....and now I want bigger. My big pond now is 9000 gallons, and I am building a new one that will be closer to 20,000 gallons. I think it's best to decide what you want first. Do you think you'll every want to get into showing?? If so.....build a pond that can grow 'em big.

  9. #9
    Honmei
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Martinez,CA
    Posts
    4,611
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Nguyen View Post
    it's a team work effort.

    Steve
    I think if you two get together anything is possible.

  10. #10
    Sansai
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    bay area ,ca
    Posts
    283
    I have pop a question because i have too many idea about pond sizes, it will be liner and outside will block cement. Problem is some one told me at deep at i can 7,8 ' will better more pressure more water moving. But someones told me 5' will be good just make it longer. Contruction team will finish dig a hole this week (if no rain) if i have idea i can change my mind before they go ( i don't want do it myself) i have a box 7'L 4'W 2'H will around 500gl for bio filter Jap mat, 1 bead filter 3,5cin 1 votex 155gl do i need more for filter?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. One of my ponds
    By Koiboy98 in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-12-2010, 12:02 AM
  2. Benefits between mud ponds vs. manmade ponds?
    By SoCalSun in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-23-2009, 11:54 PM
  3. Some mud ponds produce more showas than other mud ponds
    By luke frisbee in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-30-2008, 08:34 AM
  4. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-03-2008, 06:49 PM
  5. How many ponds have you had
    By Tom C in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-08-2005, 02:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Articles - Sitemap - FAQs and Rules

KB Footer Graphic
Straight from Japan... For the serious hobbyist!
All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com