Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jebao 8000gph pump?

Fry

Jebao 8000gph pump?

Greetings... .I'm going to rebuild my 3732 gal garden/koi pond filtration this spring and build a stationary K1 mechanical filter and change my bio-falls media to K3. But I need to turn over the pond faster than my existing two pumps can do. So... I've found this Jebao JGP-30000 pump that moves 8000gph at 600 watts/120vac. Seems to good to be true. So I've been trying to find someone who has used one of these, and after 3 days of sitting at the computer searching, I havn't found out anything. Has anyone out there heard of or seen/used one of these pumps. I'd sure like to hear something positive before spending money for something that might not be as good as what I've got. Thanks everyone.

well, you have to keep in mind that your static kaldnes filter will be the limiting factor. you can only flow maybe 3500 gph thru a static k1 filter. If you have multiple static filters all going into a large fluidized bed you might be OK.

I have never heard of that brand of pump. It would be nice if they had a head chart, because it's possible it only pumps 7900 gph with no head. Once you start adding head, the flow will get less and less, until it might only trickle at the end. I did find this on the web:

110V/60Hz AC UL approved Jebao water pump with vortex impeller, pre-filter for pond, waterfalls, or water project, can be used in submersible or non-submersible application.
    Output 7900gph, 660W, head max high 25', cable length 33 ft.
    Pump size: 9.5(L) x 6(W) x 8"(H), outlet tube connector 1.5", 1 1/4", 1" and 3/4"(diameter), intake connector 2".

Fry
    Yep, that looks like the pump. The one I found is on e-bay (#230224115248). The price too good if the spec's are right. I'm sure the 8000 is with no head. Anyway, the K1 bed I'm designing will use three eight inch slotted stand pipes in a longated agricultural rubbermaid feeder thingy... I havn't worked out the math on it yet, but if not enough... you can bet I'll build more. Just soooooo tired of algae control by water change ($$$$$$$) And all the good plants dont winter over very well here in lewiston new york.

so you have plants in this pond? You may not be real happy with a static K1 filter. The fibrous plant parts stick all over the outside of it, deminishing water's ability to pass through the holes. I only have a couple clumps of water iris at the top of my pond but the root fibers are constantly stopping up the K1. I like this filter so much though.....the plants will be pulled out.

Fry
    Good point. But I've read that Kaldness K1 cleans up easy with air 'boiling' and backwash? Is this true. Last year I had anacharis, waterpoppy and cabomba/fanwart to help control nitrates. If I dont have plants (besides lilies and lotus and some grass boggs etc.) then I'm still doing water changes to control nitrates ($$$$$$) UGH......

It does clean easy....but with plant material in the pond, it will require cleaning a LOT...possibly every 2 days. The kaldnes is not the problem....the problem is the container the static kaldnes is in. It has to have holes small enough for the water to flow thru, but the kaldnes to stay in. The plant fibers and crap block these holes up. Also, once those fibers DO make it into the static filter, they are not going to wash back out of the holes easily. If you could come up with some sort of filter before the static filter....even a single layer of filter mats....to catch the fibers before they get to the static filter it might work fine. I run static filters on my koi pond where there are no plants and could not be happier with the results. Like I said...I do have a few water irises planted bare root in the rocks around the other pond and those roots are a constant problem in that pond.

Jebao is Chinese made, thus the price. Saving grace is the ceramic impeller. I've got one and it's put up with a lot of abuse (and I mean a LOT of abuse *L*). Whatever you do, don't fall for the Oddysea pumps. Mylar impellers and they last a whole 2 weeks with hardly any load.....

Fry
    Thank's Sangreaal. Thats what I was hoping to hear. Now I dont feel like the only person to (going to) use this pump. So it lives up to its spec's? And CarolinaGirl, just when I thought I had it all figured out.... damn roots. A pre filter box would be HUGE to handle the flow I want. Must do more thinking....

Quote Originally Posted by KirbyK View Post
    Thank's Sangreaal. Thats what I was hoping to hear. Now I dont feel like the only person to (going to) use this pump. So it lives up to its spec's? And CarolinaGirl, just when I thought I had it all figured out.... damn roots. A pre filter box would be HUGE to handle the flow I want. Must do more thinking....
    Since I'm not so scientific as to have a flow meter yet, I have no idea if Jebao pumps live up to their specs or not. I just know that my 3600gph (think that was what it was rated) runs my bakki quite adequately on my ~4000gal. pond on a flow through system with a 5ft head--gushes a great stream from a 1 1/4" flex hose into the bakki shower. A closed system would have completely different needs than mine though, and it would be nice to see the curve sheet on the pump you're considering so you can intelligently decide what will work for you. If I can find one, I'll post it.

Marie
    Marie

http://www.koi-bito.com/forum/koi-gr...wout-form.html

"Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and
    paints his own nature into his pictures."
    --Henry Ward Beecher

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast