Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pond Project Redux

Nisai
    More pictures of the construction: Here you will notice the pit being dug, along with my tiny quarantine pond that I built a couple of years, that will have to house the fish for a few days!

I also moved all my Bakki media to my small pond to help in biological process
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pond Project Redux-img_9187.jpg   Pond Project Redux-img_9188.jpg   Pond Project Redux-img_9193.jpg  

Nisai
    More pictures of my adventures:

Images of my home made Bakki---rather a poor interpretation, but I needed to do the best I could for the Quarantine environment. There is also a picture of the bottom drain patch being dug out. The last picture, is the pond with bottom drain installed along with all the backer boards. We are almost ready for Poly application
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pond Project Redux-img_9191.jpg   Pond Project Redux-img_9195.jpg   Pond Project Redux-img_9204.jpg  

Nisai
    Jeff and his team showed up on Saturday ready to work!! The spent a day covering their area to avoid overspray, and applying epoxy to smooth out the surface between the cement boards.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pond Project Redux-img_9220.jpg   Pond Project Redux-img_9222.jpg   Pond Project Redux-img_9230.jpg  

Nisai
    Pictures of the filter pit being completed, along with Jeff and his team spraying the poly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pond Project Redux-img_9207.jpg   Pond Project Redux-img_9209.jpg   Pond Project Redux-img_9223.jpg   Pond Project Redux-img_9226.jpg  

Nisai
    More pics of the prep work....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pond Project Redux-img_9232.jpg   Pond Project Redux-img_9233.jpg  

That was interesting how the cement boards were attached to line your block pond. Just curious as to what kind of fasteners were used to attach the boards to the block. Nice job! Any new photos?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234