Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pond Rebuild

Here's my take of the day to add to it.

Hi Kathy . . .

Y'all are really moving along. Hope things go smoothly and the weather continues to co-operate.

Awesome build. Nice simple/intelligent layout! Thanks for sharing the pictures...

(I have to learn to avoid the construction forum... too many good ideas and before long I'll be digging again!)

Grant

Thanks Guy's! We are doing clean up this week, waiting for the pumps then Steve will back over to get those in place and get the blocks filled with cement and the rest of the rebar, then get the liner and stuff in. I'm holding off on the waterfall till next summer. Give the fill a chance to settle in through winter. And we'll get the patio area ready to lay the bricks when thats done.

Should have some decent weather for awhile, though the clouds roll over off and on, they just seem to keep going on - doesn't seem to be anything serious brewing for a few weeks yet thankfully!

Grant, there's a lot of different looks one can give a "formal" style of pond what with all the different types & colors of block & brick out there.. I like to think of this one as "semi-formal" since its more a rock look with good old fashion brick facing being the true formal. Steve built a goldie pond over at his place that is pretty charming in a similar design, but done in muted red tone blocks. I liked it anyway! This one has been on the drawing board for some 3 years and going better then I had originally planned with some slight changes...

LOL! I see too many good idea's too!
    ~Kathy

very nice, i really enjoy looking at the picture and seeing the progress of the ponds coming along, thanks for sharing with us, please keep the picture coming

An

MCA
    Kathy,

Those boys' licensed to use a level?

Suggestion: Do a shower instead of a waterfall. Much less floorspace and probably much more aeration and media surface area.

[email protected] They better, or we'll have to do like that old pace commercial and get a rope!

Hmmm, that gives me a idea - now a shower *may* be feasible built over the bio chamber someplace down the road next summer... That end will be closed in, got to have a roof and walls built over it to keep the winter snow out and off everything there. I also have a couple of strawberry pots for TT's sitting here for me to put together also.

I do have to go someplace with the two 100gl gravel filters though which will have its own control valves for shut off. But I also want to build a smaller pond off that other end someplace for my lily's and bog plants. Independent of the pond itself next summer also. So I do want a waterfall someplace on the pond itself.

Thank you An Ly...

Just Updating...

Sadly we lost our pond supervisor this week. Brandy took ill and after rushing her to the vet, xray's and exploratory surgery, we had to let her go as there was nothing we could do. It has been a sad week for us here...

Steve will be back over this week to get the rest of the plumbing and get the liner in! So I should have more pics next Tuesday or Wed..

clm
    Tosai
    I'm so sorry you lost your dog Kathy. Brandy looked like such a pretty girl.

Cindy

Nice to see you here Cindy! Thank you..

She was, with a lovely heart and my best anti heron protection. Loved people, smart and raised both my tomcat and Nicky, who is now lost without his "Momma Boo" - poor baby! Breaks my heart as he goes out and looks back waiting for her to join him and then he wilts .....

One of my other kids brought a 7 week old pup over yesterday. His dog had puppy's and this is one he is keeping, cute lil gal. Nick seemed to perk up a bit so we puppy sat while the boy's did pick up, clean up and moved all the excess blocks. The boy's are going to dig ditch for me this afternoon for the rain overflow so he will bring another over to keep Nick amused. I'm hoping that it will perk him up some more as the whole got smiles from everyone.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast