Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clear water? Video of a RDF (rotary drum filter)

Cool Clear water? Video of a RDF (rotary drum filter)

Hi,

after this pond has been running without maintenance for over 4 month now I have put a video online. The water clarity is great and the koi are doing fine

RDF + Helix, a match made in heaven

Here is the link:http://www.koi-collection.com/Gallery/d4water2.html

MCA
    Thanks for sharing.

In the States we have had some hobbists using RDFs for many years. One of our club members designs his own and put one of his designs in the previous issue of KOIUSA.

New Page 1

KOI USA Magazine

Why is ozone needed/used?

Hi,

yes, this technology is actually on the market for quite some time. In Europe (especially Germany) it is now becoming more and more popular because of the (almost zero) maintenance. The biggest issue was (and still is) the high price

Since I moved to Indonesia I try to introduce this technology because it simply provides best water quality with minimum space requirement. I also produce these filters locally now and the price difference to any other RDF on the market is huge

Regarding the Ozone, I use it to vanish the yellowish colour that usually occurs (even if the water is clear). The dosis is very low and the location before the biological stages avoids any Ozone reaching the pond. It's simply a "cosmetic" issue
    cheers.....

Sven

svenni, thanks for that post 1. because I'm new and have never heard of a rotary drum so I'll check that out and 2. because I enjoyed seeing your beautiful koi in video. Don't get to see quality koi around here. I don't know anybody who has any. They are beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Peppy View Post
    svenni, thanks for that post 1. because I'm new and have never heard of a rotary drum so I'll check that out and 2. because I enjoyed seeing your beautiful koi in video. Don't get to see quality koi around here. I don't know anybody who has any. They are beautiful.

Hi Peppy,

thanks for the compliment. The koi in that pond are mainly my show koi and some of them won prices at recent shows here (the shows here usually have fish entries above 1000 koi ). Anyway, I have seen many beautiful koi posted by forum members, so I am sure there are many very good koi available over there as well

Regarding the drum filter I guess there are some makers on the market. Actually I still try to find a dealer who is willing to market my product in the US.

Anyway, I have seen many beautiful koi posted by forum members, so I am sure there are many very good koi available over there as well
    Ah ha! Finally figured out the quote capability again! Forgot how to do that.

Svenni you are right, many, many beautiful show koi on this forum but I have not seen anything close to where I live like the ones posted here and nobody I know has anything like the koi shown here either. Perhaps I'm hanging out with the wrong crowd!

I can't even find a koi or water garden club in my area.

I saw some beautiful koi on an out-of-town trip in the spring. I could not get enough of looking at them!

Pictures are wonderful to look at but the video of beautiful koi swimming around was great. Thanks.

I don't know much about koi as far as show points and things like that but your Shusui: Wow!

Couldn't find much info on the rotary drum on the internet. Perhaps you found a great niche.

Best of luck to you finding a distributor for your product here.
    ...enjoy your day!
    5500 gllns, Ultima II 4000, Tarpon 6000, 1 Multi-Cyclone Prefilter, 2 - 5500 gph pumps, 1 Retro BD, 1 skimmer, max depth 4', 5% trickle 24/7 weather permitting

Quote Originally Posted by Peppy View Post

I don't know much about koi as far as show points and things like that but your Shusui: Wow!
    Seems you know enough about show points. That Shusui won 1st price in the last 2 shows here

I'm not surprised. It's perfect.

I have a Shusui that I bought because it had scales off to the side that formed a perfect heart shape so I had to buy it and name it Cupid. The heart shape disappeared as I thought it might.

It's far from a show koi. There is a gap in the zipper of scales and I know they're not supposed to have that.

Shusui are one of my favorites. Those dark scales against the blue--so cool. And the red on blue, that is way cool too.

I guess with my hard water, though, I shouldn't have bought it. I heard that isn't good for them.

In the USA, if one could be bought, how much?
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by farne230 View Post
    In the USA, if one could be bought, how much?
    Bob
    Hi Bob,

as far as I know from Europe the existing stainless steel models with 30cbm/h flow rate start at around 7500 USD. I build the filters in PVC construction and I sell them here at around 1200 USD. I also produce a smaller model with 12cbm/h flow rate (suitable for ponds up to 18 cbm) which sells here at 1000 USD. I do not know how much the import duty and taxes in the US would be but it should not be too much

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast