Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Ponds

Jumbo

New Ponds

I'm gearing up for the spring and putting in three new ponds or tanks for "For Sale" fish. They will be round blue cattle water tanks, 9 feet wide by 30 inches high, about a thousand gallons each. Each tank will have it's own filtration, bottom drain to an Evolution ES 1500 pump to a sand/gravel filter then back to the pond. Pretty simple. Each tank will also have a small trickle of well water flow through.

I was able to borrow a small tractor from a friend and spent a full day digging out the site and leveling it. This area was fill but had a lot of rocks I had to dig out. Then I added clean fill to level the spot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Ponds-1.jpg   New Ponds-2.jpg   New Ponds-4.jpg   New Ponds-5.jpg  

Jumbo
    Here is one of the filter set ups. ES 1500 pump to a well mate sand/gravel filter.
    I will be gone for a week but will continue when I get home.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Ponds-6.jpg   New Ponds-7.jpg   New Ponds-8.jpg  

looking good Birdman, a lot of hard work, keep us posted with all the picture

An

Daihonmei
    Birdman.
    I look at those pics and envy you for your abundance of rocks...
    but look what I got a pic of when I came out of Burger king this morning on my way to work....
    the car tag told me they were already 120 miles from home, they looked quite settled considering and the temp was only 80 degrees and cloudy ...i guess they had alot further to go as the driver had stopped at BK for breakfast instead of releasing the birds and then going for brunch

Jumbo
    Thanks Luke,

steve is away on a pond job and I'm sure he'll respond in due course.

By the name on the crate I would think those were racing pigeons from Orlando on their way to be released for a race

LINDA

Daihonmei
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
    Thanks Luke,

steve is away on a pond job and I'm sure he'll respond in due course.

By the name on the crate I would think those were racing pigeons from Orlando on their way to be released for a race

LINDA
    Ah i don't think so...mauybe that person's crates but the tag on the car was Palm Beach...and Orlando is west of me and the birds couldn't go any further East due to a big ol piece of salty water...
    I figure the birds were gonna go further North.
    I have serious envy issues when I see stuff like that. i sure loved my losers back when i was a kid and actually had some racers.

Jumbo
    I'm home from CA. and back at it. I got my 3 tanks and have the first one finished. Pretty simple. A 2" shower drain takes suction and feeds an Evolution ES 1500 pump, which feeds a well mate 100 gallon sand/gravel filter that exits through a Savio UV adapter back to the tank. In the last picture you can see the start of the waste line and the tank overflow going to it. This waste line will connect to all three tanks, and all three tanks will have well water flow through.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Ponds-9.jpg   New Ponds-12.jpg   New Ponds-11.jpg   New Ponds-10.jpg  

Jumbo
    Last one finished.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Ponds-14.jpg   New Ponds-13.jpg  

Jumbo
    I ran my well water flow through piping today so I'm pretty much finished. Now I have to wait for spring to stock them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Ponds-17.jpg  

Jumbo
    New project is now pretty much done. The last couple of days I installed a new fence to hide the tanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Ponds-18.jpg   New Ponds-19.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast