Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: New Lily Pond/Water Feature

Jumbo

New Lily Pond/Water Feature

Well, what would any decent, respectable ponder with a tractor and a scrap of liner do? Build another pond of course. Wife thought since our front yard was so bare a nice little water feature would look nice right at the entrance of our retail space, by the gate. So I dug a hole and lay-ed out the liner scrap. Don't know how big the pond will be, as big as I can get with a 11 by 15 foot piece of liner. This is the liner I took out of one of my indoor tanks so I am just going to use the bottom drain the way it was. This will go to an Evolution ES 1500 hidden under the house front porch, and back to the water fall. No filtration at all.

It's up and running but I still have to finish the water fall, then plant and landscape
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Lily Pond/Water Feature-2.jpg   New Lily Pond/Water Feature-5.jpg   New Lily Pond/Water Feature-6.jpg   New Lily Pond/Water Feature-8.jpg  

Jumbo
    I finished the water fall this morning. All done but landscaping.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Lily Pond/Water Feature-9.jpg   New Lily Pond/Water Feature-10.jpg   New Lily Pond/Water Feature-11.jpg  

Jumbo
    Added a few plants today.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Lily Pond/Water Feature-12.jpg   New Lily Pond/Water Feature-13.jpg   New Lily Pond/Water Feature-14.jpg  

Lilly pond looks really nice, is this for your personal water plants, or is this for resale?

Nancy

Jumbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy M. View Post
    Lilly pond looks really nice, is this for your personal water plants, or is this for resale?

Nancy
    Just something small for our own personal pleasure and to greet our customers.

Jumbo
    Added some rocks around the pond today, and some more plants. Then I started on a new rock garden on the opposite side of the gate.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Lily Pond/Water Feature-15.jpg   New Lily Pond/Water Feature-16.jpg   New Lily Pond/Water Feature-17.jpg   New Lily Pond/Water Feature-18.jpg