Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: What's cushy, waterproof, and nontoxic?

Tosai

What's cushy, waterproof, and nontoxic?

My waterfall is a battered old Aquascape Biofalls which drains onto a slab of flagstone that is balanced so it tips forward and gently rests against the bottom of the snout of the filter. The water runs off the flagstone and falls about three feet into the pond.

I'd like to prevent water from running off the back of the slab, but I'm hesitant to fix the snout of the filter to the flagstone in any way, because it's extremely heavy.

Right now I'm thinking the best way would be to put some sort of waterproof foam or very soft rubber between the rock and the bottom of the snout and let the unbalanced weight of the slab (not much) compress it. This might not seal completely, but drips won't matter because all the water will still fall into the pond, though in a less dramatic fashion.

Is liner seam tape cushy enough for this? What else would work?

Do you have any better ideas?

Thanks

Fry
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter View Post
    My waterfall is a battered old Aquascape Biofalls which drains onto a slab of flagstone that is balanced so it tips forward and gently rests against the bottom of the snout of the filter. The water runs off the flagstone and falls about three feet into the pond.

I'd like to prevent water from running off the back of the slab, but I'm hesitant to fix the snout of the filter to the flagstone in any way, because it's extremely heavy.

Right now I'm thinking the best way would be to put some sort of waterproof foam or very soft rubber between the rock and the bottom of the snout and let the unbalanced weight of the slab (not much) compress it. This might not seal completely, but drips won't matter because all the water will still fall into the pond, though in a less dramatic fashion.

Is liner seam tape cushy enough for this? What else would work?

Do you have any better ideas?

Thanks

I would try waterfall foam. Can you just raise the front of the flagstone and create a gap so you can shoot the foam in?

Tosai
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace Irrigation & More View Post
    I would try waterfall foam. Can you just raise the front of the flagstone and create a gap so you can shoot the foam in?
    Temperature might be a problem. The highs of the warm days here are right about the minimum temp for black foam, 60-65F.

I might try liner seam tape.