Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: Please read before posting.

Post Thanks / Like

Please read before posting.

Thanks for joining us here at Koi-bito! Just a couple quick notes about posting:

1. This is a very international board so make no assumptions as to where someone lives.

2. It really can help others if you fill out the part in your profile that asks where you live. Dont need your exact address but at least the country would be helpful.

3. Because it is so international be sure to note what your measurement is in. Gallons, british gallons, liters, feet, meters etc. This can be pretty important if you give someone dosing info and they assume the wrong measurement...

4. If you are going to post about a sick fish be prepared to answer questions about your pond. Saying the water is good will not cut it. Have numbers to back that up. Now if you dont have the numbers then please say so right away so someone can give you advice on getting those numbers.

5. If you ask what we think about your koi please have some thick skin. Real show koi is what we like to talk about so if we say your koi is a nice "pond koi" then that means it isn't a show quality koi. Nothing wrong with that but if you keep asking someone will eventually point out everything wrong with the koi from a show standard and it might just ruin your day if you arent expecting it.

6. There are lots of debates that go back and forth in some of these threads. If you dont know what you are talking about then please sit back and enjoy the ride and you'll learn something. For those of you that do know what you are talking about please try and keep it about the debate and not about someones "mom". I really hate to have to close threads because people start throwing insults at each other and lose sight of the debate.

Enjoy your time here! If I think of anything else I'll add it.
    Koi-Unit

ZNA Potomac Koi Club

Post Thanks / Like
    When there is an issue with the board please send me a private message as it will email me to alert me that I have a message. If you make a new thread I will not be notified and therefore might not even see it. I check my email way more than I do the board so please use the PM feature to contact me instead of starting new threads. Thanks everyone
    Koi-Unit

ZNA Potomac Koi Club