Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: Another Virus Alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nisai
    Post Thanks / Like

Another Virus Alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again, another vicious virus is spreading thru the U.S. and probably the world.
    The virus, dubbed “MyDoom,” arrives with one of several different random subject lines such as "Mail Delivery System," "Test" or "Mail Transaction Failed." The body of the e-mail contains an executable file and a statement such as: "The message contains Unicode characters and has been sent as a binary attachment."
    Variations in the body text include, "The message cannot be represented in 7-bit ASCII encoding and has been sent as a binary attachment."

If you suspect you have the e-mail virus in your inbox, please delete the message and contact your desktop support team so they can clean up your computer.

I have already recieved most of these at work and on my home computer. The latest version at work I just receivedhas mutated to a differnt subject line than mentioned above (For the life of me,I can't remember the name of it right now). Just as a side note, these mails may also come in with email addresses similar to your friends or an exact e-mail addy as is the case for the one that I recieved with Steve Childers email addy (this is not from Steve! It is mearly a part of the virus that is in someones computer that has Stev's email addy in it!)

Be careful out there!

Rod L.

More info on CNN
    http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/interne...orm/index.html

Post Thanks / Like
    i dont know if i picked a virus up but everytime i logged on to my isp it dialed in then froze all the computer up and had to reboot.
    in the end i had to use goback and send the computer back a few days and at present its working :?