Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chagoi

Post Thanks / Like

Chagoi

We are having an interesting discussion about chagoi. The all Japan show had a 54 inch one on dispaly a couple of years ago right? Are there many subsets of this variety? Should they have consistent color and are they always so tame. Any interesting stories about your pet chagoi?
    The perfect koi is always one purchase or spawning away!

Post Thanks / Like

chagoi

I started this one as I thought the other one Chargoi wasn't going any where yesterday we didn't get much feedback but I see it is doing pretty good. I should have gone farther down before starting this thread. Oh well

Post Thanks / Like

chagoi

Here is a picture of my little chagoi she has gin rin scales. What do you think?

Post Thanks / Like
    Sanke56 - Very nice - quite attractive - can't miss her in the pond!

Post Thanks / Like

beauty

that sure is a nice one... I have a chagoi that is gin rin but more of a dove grey in color. I also passed up the chance on buying an israeli koi last year that had some truly interesting gin rin features. not only was the fish gin rin but each scale had colored patern to it. Not saying that each scale had more than one color but the color in the scale was kind of strped / striated. Fish was kind of a showa in patern with the blacks and reds a bit on thelow quality side leading towards a dull look. The gin rin made it pop a bit But overall I left him swiing with his friends as the combo didn't quite make me reach for the net and my wallet. I might have to stop by this seller this spring to se if it is still available and see its progress. Of course to take a pic as well.
    " I'd rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy "

Post Thanks / Like
    So mike was that an expensive fish with the fancy gin rin scales? This one came from Sakai and she shows a lot of promise I just about killed her in the fall when she got trapped under a big piece of ice she swam upside down for a few hours in a bucket but I kept righting her and helping her swim she recovered that was close. The days are so short here in the fall and I waited till the weekend to empty the pond. The ice was quite thick by then and I could't take it out like I usually do so i open the center of the pond and piled the ice on the sides. I knew she was in there but couldn't find her and she was trapped under a heavy piece of ice. From all four ponds she was the only one that was close to buying the store. Have to get them out sooner this year.

Post Thanks / Like

expense

No the fish was very reasonable and after talking withh the owners and showing some pictures of my work they offered me wholesale prices but even with that I thought to myself I only have five thousand gallons does this fish deserve several hundred to claim? I had been in the habit of getting too many fish and am trying to break form that. they really gotta knock my socks off and make me wanna dive in and catch them for me to buy them now... but if that one is still at the seller I dunno what I will do. will have to judge its growth and re evaluate the beni. Last year it was more ornji? and I am not sure that diet was lacking but parental coloring imparted. All in all the fish was very reasonable I did get a gleaming kohaku that day and quickly invited a heron to join my landscape that very week sorry to say that gleaming kohaku is no longer with us sob sob snifle...

Post Thanks / Like
    Sanke56 - glad to here you were sucessful saving that good looking chagoi. I'll bet you were about as stressed as she was. Thanks again for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like
    this is the closest I could come to a pic of the striated gin rin I was talking aobut you can see the lack of intense beni.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike it is a nice fish though I bet it will be quite spectacular when it gets big how large is it now? The gin rin gives it a special look. They are those real jewelled scales I don't know what they are called but there a several different kinds of gin rin right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast