Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: wakagoi role call

Nisai
    Post Thanks / Like

wakagoi role call

I am going to make this yearís first visit to Ojiya this weekend and see the wakagoi show. It is the April 17th and 18th, right?

I know a few of you are going to be there and I hope to meet some of you in person.

I donít post much here, donít even have internet at home. But I check the site regularly during breaks at work and I have learned a lot. I am a very small time hobbyist compared to the most of you, but I aspire to breeding my own quality fish one day. I am sure any of you there will have fairly busy schedules, but please keep a lookout for a shaggy bearded red head say hi if you see me.

Also, two weeks later I am planning a big trip down south to Kyushu, but first I am going to try to make it to Momotarro for a visit. I also may see if I can see Sakai. Anyone recommend any other southern breeders I should try to see?

Post Thanks / Like
    Matt,
    If you get to see kentaro at sakai hiroshima give him my regards.
    If i was going south I'd definetly see omosako. i know alot of people think of him as only black and white but as you'll discover there's alot more going on there than shiro's! enjoy your trip!

Nisai
    Post Thanks / Like
    omosako. of course, how could i forget him after brian's great article. now i just need to make sure i can find the right directions to these guys places...

thanks dick.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll see you there Matt! :wink:
    Brian Sousa
    Koi-Bito Forum

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Matt. How about Ogawa....

By the way I will be visiting Sado Island in my October trip. I heard it is very nice.. Keo

Nisai
    Post Thanks / Like
    keokoi,

Yes, i have added Ogawa to the list, i was reminded of him this week by the young Koda junior, who apprenticed down south for a while.

also, visiting sado is definately worth it. you should let me know the dates as soon as possible so i can try to show you arrond. as i will visit ojiya a lot in the fall, i may not be home. my town has an great festival on the 19th, i ussually have to miss a day of one of the fall koi shows to be there, but it is a good sight to see. i will probably be breaking my back carrying a very heavy shrine all over town for the afternoon with a bunch of the local guys, and getting deleriously pumped full of sake by the rest of the town.

Post Thanks / Like
    Matt, I think I will be in Ojiya the 13th of October. I don't know where I will stay. I stayed at Ojiya Park Hotel last October 03'. I think the last day of our trip we will stay around Sado Island. These are ruff dates so they can change come summer. You know depends on fall harvest. I travel with 4 others on our koi buying trip. Festival sounds fun! I'll keep in touch as time comes. Keo