Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SMG! How did your koi do in the show?

Post Thanks / Like

SMG! How did your koi do in the show?

This past weekend texas has a big show and the penquin that slaps the other one silly needs to declare how SMG's Koi did! Did minnow get entered?

Oyagoi
    Post Thanks / Like
    SMG must be havin' to work in order to make up for all those days off. Me too, but I'm goin' in late this monring.

I think Minnow got "Best Asagi" in the show.

The really BIG PRIZE was awarded to SMG on behalf of "Velvet Elvis" (huge yellow hariwake) as we (ad hoc judging committee) picked that fish as one most likely to please the crowd but never, ever win a prize. "Hear for the Beer" award to that fish and owner. Best prize in the show.

Of course we'd been heavily bribed by all entrees, and as discussed over on Roark's site, we refused to stay properly bought and fickly kept changing our minds based on several factors, including past, present and future bribes.

This was one fun koi show for everybody involved.

Brett
    Brett

Post Thanks / Like
    Bret,
    Thanks for the insight! Best asagi in the show is like GC to me! (lol)

Post Thanks / Like
    LMAO about that "here for the Beer" prize.... what a great idea.. may have to copy it for our show, or some close facsimile :lol:
    Best regards,

Bob Winkler

My opinions are my best interpretation of my experiences. They are not set in stone as I intend to always be a student of life. And Koi.

Post Thanks / Like
    Got to agree!
    A "Here for the Beer" prize, or the spirit of it, sounds superb and surely has a place at many koi shows. Nice one.
    Andrew

"Gentlemen prefer ponds"

Post Thanks / Like
    Nearly everywhere I go, I am there for the beer! and if I think there won't be any beer there, I make some and bring it along (remember Phoenix Bob?, Maybe having it there brought you some luck, who knows).

Every show should have a "here for the beer" award, because we all can't have a GC fish and it would be nice to be in contention for something (I might actually win if Steve C. isn't there...or Mike Shaw... or Tim Waddington... or....... well the competition would be tough but I am up for it)

Lane-O

Post Thanks / Like
    I definately remember it Lane... Funny you should mention that today.. Last night we were finishing moving stuff into the new house.. I was hand carrying ( can you hear this coming?) several things so that I could be sure the movers didnt break anything.. and I dropped the Benigoi beer busted all up.. You got any more in the cellar? I think it WAS my good luck charm
    Best regards,

Bob Winkler

My opinions are my best interpretation of my experiences. They are not set in stone as I intend to always be a student of life. And Koi.

Post Thanks / Like

I still have mine

I have kept it out of reach of many beer drinkers. To me it is a collectors item only to be displayed.
    Henry

Orlando, FL

Post Thanks / Like
    The bottle makes a nice souveneir, but it was meant to be drunk. Alot of people tell they held onto them and refuse to drink them, if I had known that I would have drank the beer myself and filled the bottles with colored water, though I wouldn't drink it now as it is proably past its prime.

So what shows are you gonna be at in the southwest next year? I think I will definately be at Phoenix and San Diego and probably Gardena ZNA. I'll bring a few along and if I see you (or you see me) I'll get a few to you (if Steve doesn't intercept 'em all, there is someone I don't have to worry about not drinking them)

I think I may brew up something different and make up a different novelty name and label, but I will make up some more Benigoi's because the people that did drink them said they liked it. Maybe I can start a series and you can collect the whole set. If I know for sure that I will see you , I will make something special for you.

Henry, I got some more for you too if you will at least drink one. btw how are things at your place? it's hard to keep track of which parts of Florida are getting beat up by the hurricanes and which areas were spared so I don't know how you have fared during all of this.

Lane-O

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane-O
    Henry, I got some more for you too if you will at least drink one. btw how are things at your place? it's hard to keep track of which parts of Florida are getting beat up by the hurricanes and which areas were spared so I don't know how you have fared during all of this.

Lane-O
    We made it through 3 hurricanes without problems. Only one hit us directly (Charley). Just cleaned up a few trees and loaned out my generator to club members that needed it.

Not sure if I will make it out west in the spring. Since I am Show Chair of the new Central FL Koi Show (same group that held the All FL show), I think I will be quite busy.
    Henry

Orlando, FL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast