Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: Growing Tank Completed

Tategoi
    Post Thanks / Like

Growing Tank Completed

Finally finished this 22 foot monster. It has a major return flow. The few 4 and 5 inch koi that I have chucked in to test the waters really seem to be enjoying the current! They are really useing the extra length to chase around in but every now and then they will bunch up and take a run straight up the current path like salmon. You can tell that they are not distressed but really into the new currents.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Kiefer,
    It looks great, would love to see what difference the current makes. Are you going to heat this winter? How is it that these Tosai were born March , do you live in a mild Winter climate?
    Please Keep us posted.
    Jaco
    Jaco Vorster
    South Africa

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great Kiefer! Will be interesting to wacht the progress of your young koi there. Please keep us posted.
    Mine are doing well, despite the severe space limitation. Still keep some 30 baby koi in the 1250 liters tank. But the combination of strong filtration, aeration, water changes and lots of varied food served several times each day seems to work fine.
    These baby are now 5 months old, and the bigest Kohaku measures 15 cm (6 inches). Must cull again soon. Hopefully will get new pictures, but it is difficult to avoid reflections (even using a polarizing filter) and get nice pictures. I'm always amazed by the high quality and definition of your pictures. Those by Maurice Cox are also truly excellent.
    Best wishes,
    Diego
    Diego Jordano
    Cordoba, Spain
    A.E.K. web site http://www.elkoi.com
    pers. web site http://es.geocities.com/estanqueskois/

Tategoi
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jacovors
    Hi Kiefer,
    It looks great, would love to see what difference the current makes. Are you going to heat this winter? How is it that these Tosai were born March , do you live in a mild Winter climate?
    Please Keep us posted.
    Jaco
    No heating is needed here in Florida. By March temps can start reaching as high as 75. Semi tropical environment would best describe us. I have heard that some current can be benificial to body conformation. Who knows for sure. One thing is for sure, u can tell that they are really enjoying it!

Tategoi
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by estanque_koi
    Looks great Kiefer! Will be interesting to wacht the progress of your young koi there. Please keep us posted.
    Mine are doing well, despite the severe space limitation. Still keep some 30 baby koi in the 1250 liters tank. But the combination of strong filtration, aeration, water changes and lots of varied food served several times each day seems to work fine.
    These baby are now 5 months old, and the bigest Kohaku measures 15 cm (6 inches). Must cull again soon. Hopefully will get new pictures, but it is difficult to avoid reflections (even using a polarizing filter) and get nice pictures. I'm always amazed by the high quality and definition of your pictures. Those by Maurice Cox are also truly excellent.
    Best wishes,
    Diego
    Hola Diego

I am always amazed out how well your koi do with your space limitations.
    Your website is awesome! U would laugh if u knew how many pics I take just to get one good one. Have u been able to add koi to campus water reservoir? If so, are u able to monitor their progress. Keep us posted.

Kiefer

Post Thanks / Like

Diego

Nice site but could it bee possible to get a English version for us “dumb” Norwegians. Our Spanish is not at all what it should bee.
    Tone - Truls -Petter
    Vogata NI