I wanted this message board to be one of the first to know about the official kick off of the AKCA- Project KHV. We have put together a special team of volunteers to help with fund raising, developing a KHV research plan, and insuring that money donated will be put to maximum use in the fight against KHV. To help provide information and a more complete summary of our goals and plans please check out the information available our new AKCA PROJECT KHV website. You can find it at:

http://www.texaskoi.com/akcaprojectkhv/index.htm

We would appreciate any links any of you can provide to this website. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

I just want to highlight as few things you can find on this website: Current Donations; Donation Goals; and a special Donation Recognition Program. Also, a very special on line auction is being conducted right now, a Peter Enfield fused-glass koi embedded in a decorative slate is currently running on the Project website. This item is much sought after and not for sale anywhere! But, you can bid on it and help us raise money for KHV research at the same time.

Donations are already starting to come it -- and we are just beginning the fundraising campaign! So far, just about $11,000 has been donated by clubs, individuals and professionals. See the special people and organization that have already made a donation to our project. Special thanks to all for helping us kick off our campaign. We have a long way to go to reach our goal! But, the goal is reachable with everyone's support!

Donation Goals: Cumulative through December 2005 - $200,000. Cumulative through December 2006 - $500,000. A donation recognition program has also been instituted:

So, please consider an individual donation to the AKCA-KHV Project. Also, please encourage your group or organization to make a donation and/or help us by having a special fund raising event and donate all or part of the proceeds. If you need more information, please drop me an e-mail - Ray Jordan [email protected]

Thank You in advance for your assistance with this project!! To make a donation: (make out checks to AKCA - PROJECT KHV)

And send to:

AKCA - PROJECT KHV

15514 Elm Park

San Antonio, TX 78247

Attn: Ray Jordan

Sincerely,
Ray Jordan, Fund Raising Committee, AKCA - PROJECT KHV