Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Profiles and messages and replys

Post Thanks / Like

Profiles and messages and replys

Hi all have a little problem, is the general forum the place to post everything from like sick fish , medication, and other and just chit chat in general.

Post Thanks / Like

test

test,test,test,test,test

Post Thanks / Like

Profile pic

Also How do you get your pic beside your username?

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Would like to know also,I'm new to this forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! This tends to be a "higher end" board, but very polite. Post your questions and let folks take a stab at them. But, if you have a sick koi now, don't waste time looking for specific diagnosis etc on a board. It cannot be done. If you are sure of your diagnosis, then experienced koikeepers can advise on treatment. Diagnosis really has to occur in person. Being in Georgia, perhaps you are close to Atlanta? If so, check the internet for the Atlanta Koi Club. They have AKCA trained Koi Health Advisors who may be able to assist you ... maybe even visit your pond and give real advice that can be relied upon. If in southern Georgia close to Jacksonville, there are Koi Health Advisors in the North Florida Koi Club who might be able to help.

As for posting a pic by your name [called an avatar], I'm no help! Forgotten what I did.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and welcome. Yup you've come to the right place to post any of the topics you mentioned. Feel free to ask anything you'd like to know. You'll haver to start by telling us alittle bit about your pond and how you got interested

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Hi here goes, my pond is a 16x16x3 foot deep and is full of koi, This started as a child, guppies I just loved them, so all my life I have had aquairum fish and raised all types, learned alot about fish and their problems early on and it was and still is my hobby, My first pond came about 25 years ago and did not know much about pond fish, I only had on white koi that I did not know what it was, only that it was a koi. My first pond I dug and concreated in myself using bags of mix and it was 4ft deep and about 8x12 in width and length. I had a very small filter and some plants and never had a algie problem, I had floating water plants covering most of the pond and I guess that is what helped me in that area. I have only been into koi for about 3 years and I just love them. As a matter of fact I just purchased last year 2 acres of land to build koi ponds and I have one that I am in the process of building and it is a 60x60x6 foot deep. I will be raiseing Momotaro Kohuka in that pond. Will be building three ponds of this size to raise Showa and Sanka also, so as you see I am into these koi. And also just to let you know I am a member of the Atlanta Koi Club. Went to my first show last year, won a few ribbons and nothing to really talk about but I had fun and met some people in the area that are into koi just as much as I am, so I had alot of fun. At this point I am purchasing my parent stock to start my breeding program. Only have a very good quality Kujuka and Kohuka at this point. Both female.

Post Thanks / Like
    This forum will answer every single question you might have...If this forum can't answer your questions then, your question doesn't have an answer...
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Post Thanks / Like
    We have more than a few here with a passing interest in breeding koi. My matsukawabakes, Kumonru, Kohaku and Shiro utsuri and Gin Rin Shiro utsuri have all won prizes in the local show and portland. Most will tell you I love things Blue like asagi and shusui. i bred asagi last year but since it takes 3 years to know what you have, I'll hold my comments. I hope your a subscriber to KB as it's full of good info on Momotaro and how to select tosai. If you've not subscribed you might want to pick up all the back issue you can!

Post Thanks / Like
    Koifishgirl: What an adventure you are on! Wow. I can't wait to hear all about the trials, tribulations and successes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast