Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Show Koi

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Show Koi

I guys I am thinking of getting a show koi, a momotaro Kohaku from Keirin Koi, What I was woundering is if I put her in a mud pond will her hi fade. I can put her in my main pond but it is only 3ft deep and I dont want to stunt her growth. If anyone wants to take a look at her she is koi# MAJK-8024. She is a female for sure and she is 48cm so I know this one is a female. How do you think I would do if I placed her in a show.

Tategoi
    Post Thanks / Like
    $3K is a bit of $$ and this is a nice fish. http://www.keirinponds.com/fishpics/majk-8024lg.jpg

A-MAB-9001 is quite nice tho'. Too bad somebody already bought it.

Many nice fish on that page. http://www.keirinponds.com/cda/page1...e=showcategory

And to answer the question: depends on the competition. Certainly not GC at a full show -- she is only an 18" fish. Maybe GC in a Young Koi Show...

The one with the best chance at a GC today is, unsurprisingly, the most expensive one.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Hi Jason, do you really think she could win Young Grand Champ? I wanted her to show and use as a parent koi. I have said that I would not spend that kind of money on a koi but if I want to get started with my breeding program well I guess I will have to.
    I dont really understand how the Show Thing works. If I placed her in a show and she does by chance win YG. could I place her in the show the next year and win with her at the Jumbo level?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Hi Guys, she is two years old and is already 18 inches how much more do you think she can grow this season and do you guys think she would make a good parent koi?

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it's a nice koi. Will it grow to be a monster, I don't think so because of the size of it now. I wouldn't spend that kind of money on a koi to go into a pond that is not built for that grade of koi. Take that money and redo the pond then think about koi like that. It would be a shame to mess up a nice koi like that.

Here's a koi that rocks my world. This koi keeps telling me buy me, but it's out of my price range at this time.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

how much is the koi,and the breeder?

Post Thanks / Like
    That koi is at www.lagunakoi.com . It's $2,500, and I don't know the breeder.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Hi Tom I am not going to get the koi not because I dont think I can take care of her but because of price. I think I can get another good koi at a better price.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good advice Tom, about investing in the sytem first. To buy koi KFG is to buy a dream. To pay that kind of money for a koi bred to grow big and then not to allow it thru physical limitations of a facility is to cheat all three...you, the koi and the breeder!

what i'd like to see you do is use a koi as a breeder and begin learning how to spawn, how to care for the fry and him to cull. When you get that down and have the knowledge and facilities in place you'll be able to get a return on your investment.

One thing I've learned in almost 3 decades is ( wait for it) there will always be another koi! (LOL)

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Hi Dick what about mud ponds I think that is where she grew up so wny not put her back in a mud pond. You think she would not do well in a mud pond. That is where she is headed if I do purchase her.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast