Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One Step Closer

Post Thanks / Like

One Step Closer

Okay gang here it is. My first stab at a final layout for the infamous "POND" at my place. Even though I have tons of area in my side and back yards, my pond ended up in the front of my house due to some of the constaints in Kaneohe, where I live (There are leaves everywhere!) So with the limited space in front of our home this is what I came up with...along with the help of some FENG SHUI concepts, water flowing towards the front of our home will keep us prosperous. At least thats what I'm hoping for.

Interested in any insights to the organization of my little project. From the front lanai, I look down towards the ocean, thats why I located the showers on the upper side of the property to flow towards the lower elevation of the property, this would allow me look at the pond, the koi and the view.

Fire away! I got my kevlar vest on...And please NO HEAD SHOTS! See attached .gif file.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AKAISAN POND.gif 
Views:	167 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	685  

Post Thanks / Like
    The picture is kinda small I can't read any of the writting. On a side note you pay my way to Hawaii and I will do all the digging and dirty work for you I will even bring my own shovel!

Jumbo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Akai-san,
    Do you truely believe in Feng Shui or not ? In the spiritual world of trying to understand feng shui, if you've consulted someone in that, that will definately kick in, regardless ofwhether you believe or not. So, you are a believer.

stan

Post Thanks / Like
    I saved the pic and then opened it in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer to get a good look. You will be the envy of Oahu Mr. Akai. What's with the "Swimming Pool and Jacuzzi". You don't plan to get a permit for this, do you?

-steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bekko
    I saved the pic and then opened it in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer to get a good look. You will be the envy of Oahu Mr. Akai. What's with the "Swimming Pool and Jacuzzi". You don't plan to get a permit for this, do you?

-steve
    Actually, yes I am. No matter what I build in this location will require a building permit. I had to design it to mimic a swimming pool and jacuzzi layout and with minimal digging (only 30 inches). In the event I wanted to sell our home, I will have the flexibility to convert my pond to a pool. Hearing all the horror stories of lessened property values because of a pond, I figured I'll incorporate a design to kill two birds with one stone. The City will see swimming pool, I will see koi pond. The building code requirements are the same.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamus
    The picture is kinda small I can't read any of the writting. On a side note you pay my way to Hawaii and I will do all the digging and dirty work for you I will even bring my own shovel!
    Sorry Tamus, but there is a limit on the pixel size to post pics 800x600, I had to decrease. I work off of a 21 inch monitor and it pops up good for me. Sorry.

No shovel needed, a good friends backhoe is only a few minutes away, and I only have to dig approximately 30"-36" to arrive at my 6 ft plus depth. Thanks for the offer.

Tategoi
    Post Thanks / Like
    How big are the vortexes and how many gallons do you estimate for this thing?

Is it really 10x30x6? That'll be very nice but I think you'll need to dig 48 inches, not 30...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by saratogatan
    Akai-san,
    Do you truely believe in Feng Shui or not ? In the spiritual world of trying to understand feng shui, if you've consulted someone in that, that will definately kick in, regardless ofwhether you believe or not. So, you are a believer.

stan
    I believe in the concepts of balance and harmony. I have worked with Feng Shui consultants and have even practiced Feng Shui in my architectural design business. Some good concepts and also some ambiguous theories, but harmony is what well all seek...in all aspects of our lives...family, friends, work, play, money, etc.

Even though I am no expert or master of Feng Shui, I designed my home incorporating some of the key Feng Shui concepts. Thats why it took me so long to appropriately locate my pond on the exterior of our home. All in all, I think this exercise work out well.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know there are many non believers out there but I've done alot with feng Shui
    in my home and it definetly works!

Post Thanks / Like
    Should the frog face toward the front entry?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast