Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sanke (Sakai Hiroshima) To Comment

Nisai
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanke (Sakai Hiroshima) To Comment

To further explore the discusion on sanke, attached pls find the picutre of a sanke that i purchase around 2 weeks ago. It came from Sakai Hiroshima - Bloodline is Jack born Jul 2003 and was sold during April 2004 auction. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Paulino
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sanke April 04.JPG 
Views:	303 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	802   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sanke April 05.JPG 
Views:	344 
Size:	90.5 KB 
ID:	803  

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice pattern. Strong lines. My concern is the Hi. Between the two photos there has been a loss of Hi along the kiwa edges. There is also a lack of uniformity in the Hi plates. I do not know how this bloodline develops to say if this is typical or not. Some of it could be the photography. The photos indicate quite a bit of growth, which could affect what I am seeing, too. If the Hi starts to thicken as it slows in growth, then she will be very attractive.

Post Thanks / Like
    also mike, the uniformity of the densities bewteen steps in the red is another concern. there should be some consistency there.

Sansai
    Post Thanks / Like
    Paulino,

You didnot mention her growth. What's her size in April '04, and April'05?

Nisai
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mike, pls explain which loss of kiwa you are referring to since i'm missing a point here . i m not sure if strectching causes the insufficient thicknes in hiban since it should be uniform in all part of the body/ or the shoulder area streches more than the other parts ??

Hi Dick, its nice to have your comments. i see what u mean by different density among hi plates, i would say the 1st and 3rd step is stronger than the 2nd and 4th am i right ? the dealer actually mentioned that the hi of this fish is not so good when i considering the purchase, however the other fish i m comparing to has more negative points.

Kiky, at April 04 dont have the size (not mentioned in certificate either). At April 05 the size is 47cm. As you notice the fish is not showing much girth at the moment perhaps due to lack of feeding at dealer's place but i will beef up this fish with high protein food so hopefuly it will resolve the problem...

Actually my other concern is with regards to the tsubo sumi in the shoulder. It looks like kaneko (dappled) sumi - is there such thing ? will it stay that way or will it developed to be the same as sumi areas in other body parts? i also read somehwere that sumi tends to develop for rear to front ??

Thanks and look forward to hear more of your comments ..

Post Thanks / Like
    Opinions on this Sanke? I like it, of course I am a sucker for Sanke. Menkaburi is okay, some people like alittle more white on the nose but the pattern is pleasing overall. The beni quality is not consistant but it does tells us the fish is growing. The sumi is not up just yet but it seems to be coming up in the right places subosumi. The conformation is okay, the shoulders look to be pinched just a tad bit, but with careful feeding you can bring it out a bit. But the fish looks to be developing a belly, watchout for that...Looks to be a good buy, I am not goin to ask what you paid for it, but considering it is a certificate fish from the auction means you paid a pretty penny for it. Good luck on your "project" and maybe by October we both can post the progress of our Sankes on the board...
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Nisai
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Aquitori, nice to hear from you to. i also admire sanke that display the subtlety from few pacthes of sumi which compliment red and white of the already beautiful kohaku pattern, IF sumi comes out at the right place that is. he3x. anyway thats what make it an interesting project coz after all the best you can do is make an educated guess and hopefully it turns out as you expected Concerning the belly, hmm..., i suspect the water surface distortion is the main culprit there. Here is another pic that show less distraction.

Sure do i will post an updated pics of this sanke 6 months later. and good luck w/ your project too. Btw, the price is not as high as you expected since it is an old stock and the dealer gave the original price when it arrived as a tosai he said.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is good you got a good price on the Sanke, it's one thing to go to a dealer and spot good deals. Right now I am feeding Sweet Potato pellets to slowly bring up the digestive system of the koi. Then when the weather gets a constant temp that's when I will be feeding Hi-Silk.
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Nisai
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aquitori, here is the other picture .

Unlike the states, here in tropic water temp is constant around 29-30 deg celcius hence feeding can be all year around. can u share your experience using hi-silk ? ritenow i m feeding mine mixed saki hikari and momo white part. both are good especially in term of the minimum amount of 'shit' discharged by the fish hence showing better digestion. however, since some people experiencing cloudy water due to excess oil in saki hikari and i suspect the same is happening in my pond then i want to consider another option, eg. hi-silk.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sanke April 05 a.JPG 
Views:	215 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	804  

Post Thanks / Like
    Paulino88: If you compare the rear edges of the Hi plates, you will see that in the youngest photo there was a bit of a fringe. In the next photo, the Hi has contracted to provide sharper edges. I am not saying the Hi will fade. I am just saying that it causes me a concern. I would like to know more about how the siblings spawned in prior years have developed before spending a large sum. The uneven Hi reinforces the concern. .... That said, I've been known to fall for koi with questionable Hi because the rest of the package was so appealing. When there are questions about Hi, some with long experience will advise not to grow the fish too rapidly. That is tough to do in a tropical climate! But, you may want to hold back on feeding a bit if you see any further contraction on the rear edges. This is where having regular development photos can be very useful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast