Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: I'm heading out!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm heading out!

I got to tell you folks; got word this past Friday...

Hey Brian, looks like I'm coming to town! Pending clearances of course...

Sorry gang, looks like my first pond is on a 3-5 year delay. I'm banking on getting real familiar with Japan, going back to my roots. Pretty excited right now, I'm sure some fears will show itself in the next couple weeks, hope everything works out from here on in. We'll see...

Post Thanks / Like
    Now THAT'S going to be a real life experience Carl. We wish you the best of luck. You may have too much on your plate to post much before the move, but be sure to keep in touch once you get there.

-steve hopkins

Post Thanks / Like
    Keep us updated, Akai-San. I am sure there will not be much free time for quite a while, but when free weekends allow excursions to koi country, be sure to take your camera along. Even what would seem very ordinary to experienced Japan travelers will be welcomed. Have a safe trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Wondering?

After thinking about it for a while after posting the news...I was wondering where I would be today, if I had not re-kindled my boyhood interest of someday raising nice koi in my own pond. Of course, I'm not there yet!...but I feel a lot closer to my dreams than I have ever been.

I can't help thinking that my interest or new found love of "Koi", has led me down this chosen path. Although NOT the primary reason for my Japan opportunity, I can't help but think that if it wasn't for "Koi" and everything koi related, I probably would still be in a different state of mind: working my bottom off in chase of the American Dream. My grandmother (obasan) always told me that one day, I will have that opportunity to see Japan. I was sooo young, I never gave it a second thought (my Kikaida days). We actually had a koi pond back then (my dads). Isn't it amazing how one cold blooded creature with sooo much of its mystique, can affect the life of someone like ME! Absolutely, positively unreal. Thanks for listening to my inner murmur.

Tategoi
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Akai-San
    After thinking about it for a while after posting the news...I was wondering where I would be today, if I had not re-kindled my boyhood interest of someday raising nice koi in my own pond. <... snip ...>
    My first thought was "richer in pocket, that's for sure!" But upon quick reflection the real story is "poorer in friends."

Good luck on your journey!

Post Thanks / Like
    When I was a young man and spent 2 years in japan, it changed my life,dramatically. I hope you have a similar experience. good luck on your journey! Keep in touch if you can

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Good Luck and keep us posted.