Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: off to see thw wizard

Post Thanks / Like

off to see thw wizard

Arthur has some Hosokai asagi's i want to look at so I'm on the road for about 6 hrs back and forth to do so. I'll tell him the gang said hello. Will be fun to get down to Oregon and see them again.

Tategoi
    Post Thanks / Like
    The 'Oregon Koi Gardens' banner ad showed when I read this thread.

Hmmmmm....

Post Thanks / Like
    Dick,

I met Arthur in Ojiya some time back and he is an extremely sound guy. I'm sure that the two of you will get along great and have much to talk about, asagi or otherwise!
    Brian Sousa
    Koi-Bito Forum

Post Thanks / Like
    Jason, your right. They used to be Sunset but have recently changed names. I figure it's about a 3 hr drive down. The fish I will be looking at are pictured on their web. We''ll see how much I have learned from KB when it comes to selection.

Brian,
    I am looking forward to spending some time with Arthur. Glad you've met him already. He's come a long way very fast in the hobby and I'm interested in seeing their plans for a grow pond. I think everyone should experience what it's like to have the expectation and dream all summer long. I was fortunate to experience it several times in japan and for those who can't, I'm glad to see an effort being made to make that experience possible domestically.

Post Thanks / Like

I heard locally:

Have fun Dick, even thou it's rainy here in San Jose I am goin to hit up all the dealers in the area.

I heard locally:

Champkoi: New shipment Ogata Jumbo Tosai. (E-San can clarify this if not correct)

Genkikoi: New Shipment Ogata Jumbo Tosai and Momotaro. (Joe can clarify this if not correct)

Tsekoi: New Shipment of Hi-Silk and Sweet Potato in, $75 for 11lb bags of each.

Well anyways, everyone have a great Koi Day!!!!!
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aquitori
    Have fun Dick, even thou it's rainy here in San Jose I am goin to hit up all the dealers in the area.

I heard locally:

Champkoi: New shipment Ogata Jumbo Tosai. (E-San can clarify this if not correct)

Genkikoi: New Shipment Ogata Jumbo Tosai and Momotaro. (Joe can clarify this if not correct)

Tsekoi: New Shipment of Hi-Silk and Sweet Potato in, $75 for 11lb bags of each.

Well anyways, everyone have a great Koi Day!!!!!

Genki, Ogata tosai and Jumbo tosai.. ( not momotaro ) Momotaro soon!

Tony, get me a bag of sweet Potato.. I would hand today but I was over there yesterday helping Kev sort out the shipment that came in. Plus becuase of Dick I and my wife got into bonsai and are going to a Bonsai farm to look at plants. I will go broke especially after Japan tripe!

Dick, have fun and take pics with your new camera so we can see view.

Peace! Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    "We'll see how much I have learned from K-B when it comes to selection" LOL !!

Dick: You are the teacher, remember?

Post Thanks / Like
    well gang, it was an arduous trip. rained most of the way there and back. 6 hrs with white spray and nobody slowing down! I was wore out by the time I got home.

Arthur hasn't changed a bit from last year. Very hospitable and fun to get caught up on their expansion plans. Tosai grow pond this year and nissai next.

I didn't buy anything. Not because i didn't see anything i didn't like! But I wanted to get a good look at some of ther asagi tosai and there were literally hundreds of them to stare at. they had just been in a week and the net was not something you wanted to use. So Arthur has agreed in another week to sort thru and photo some for me to perruse. I would like to participate in the tosai grow out program. I did see a rather shocking fish there during my visit. about 3 feet long and very black.. A sturgeon! First one I've ever seen in a koi pond!

it was fun to see the 5 asagi nisai from hosokai after studying KB so dilligently
    before hand. the author did an excellent job of telling you what to consider. It was quite easy to predict their development after knowing what to look for!
    I'll have to get Arthur to post a pic of the tosai i select and then we'll have him shoot a pic of the same koi after it's out of the grow pond

keokoi: glad to see your getting into bonsai. I cannot believe the similarities between the two hobbies. ( mine are getting a good watering tonight!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Dick, any good Bonsai books you suggest?
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Dick,

Somebody mentioned that this dealers was once known as "Sunset". I met a man called Tony Prew from there a few years back at Miyaishi's and then later at Hosakai's. Are we talking the same place?

rgds BERN
    South East Koi Club

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast