Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: Harmony

Post Thanks / Like

Harmony

Recent reading:

A Malaysian koikeeper says: "I'm pressed with work every day, but I never fail to go to the pond in the garden in the morning, enjoying my time together with my living jewels with the Bible in my hand. A koi, which has beauty and power of calming our minds, is a gift from God, indeed."

A 93 year-old Japanese ascetic cleric who maintains a lodge for pilgrims teaches: " As you know, koi never fight each other to protect their territories. A jumbo koi never be hard on small ones or newcomers in the same pond. We could learn much from their mode of life. Koi is such a restful creature. To think of us, human beings constantly contend for profit and kill each other at wars. As a cleric, I always pray for all people in the world and pray as well koi that are abandoned at culling."

Iris reflect in water by a mossy stone while a brown carp passes.

Post Thanks / Like
    friend of mine who has a wholesale koi business was contacted by a catholic priest in florida looking for some asagi.Lots of stories in rinkos of temple priests in japan who keep a pond and enjoy it's calming effect. The bible itself
    talks about the time spent in gardens as the son sought time the father. i know my japanese garden, pond and koi have a rejuvenating effect on me.

I like your haiku mike, might suggest you use the color blue instead of brown when it comes to the carp.

here in washington state I get lots of time up in the mountains. as a young man I injured myself very badly while climbing and as soon as the doctor gave his blessing, i climbed Mt Rainier to camp Muir. Kinda like falling off a horse and getting back on. of all the places i have ever spent time, i felt the closest to God on that snow covered volcanoe. My bonsai that i twist, and make to look like a weathered survivor of the seasons can evoke that sense in me as i care for them.

Post Thanks / Like
    yep good words, i saw a war movie just now and it said why do we kill our own kind, made me wonder..