Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hawaii Mud Ponds

Post Thanks / Like

Hawaii Mud Ponds

I just went on my son's class field trip to Kaneohe Shrimp farm. I was shocked to see such a setup in Kaneohe/Kualoa area. I know of the Kahuku site, but this one is much much closer to K-town. They have 2-one acre ponds and 4-half acre ponds. there is even a house on the property the overlooks the pond areas....cool! I made some stills out of some video footage of the place , but haven't figured how to pull out from the video camera yet. Standby.

Hey Steve, do you know about this establishment? They actually pump in sea water from the ocean and mix with natural water source on site. "Brackish water" shrimp and prawns. Maybe if this business doesn't do well, we can get interested club members to get together and buy the place. Hahaha....Hey, I'm serious. Come-on Hawaii guys, whos in?

Tategoi
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're too late, grasshopper...It's rumored that the Kodama's of Koi on Line are in town to establish their own ponds in Mililani, on the side of the Island where the choosen ones live...Jumbo Tosai anyone?

Aloha! Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Those guys in Hakipu'u-Kualoa are my neighbors Akai. Most of their ponds sit empty. I have been trying to get them to rent pond space to me, but they say there is not enough water coming from the spring to keep them full. A friend is trying to rent pond space for koi in Kahalu'u, back behind Hygenic Store, where they have been raising catfish. There are also some nice ponds by Senator Fong's Gardens that they use for freshwater prawns. Wish I could find a deal like Kiefer has.

-steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike T
    You're too late, grasshopper...It's rumored that the Kodama's of Koi on Line are in town to establish their own ponds in Mililani, on the side of the Island where the choosen ones live...Jumbo Tosai anyone?

Aloha! Mike
    Mililani! I told my unlce not to sell his house... Man last year when I took old kam hwy I couldnt believe how built up the place got.

Joe
    It's a living creature (chit happens)

Jumbo
    Post Thanks / Like
    keo,
    my partner has a property in los gatos hills. He has a spring on his property, pouring out 120K gallons daily in the summer. he has 15 AC available. maybe we should rent the land from him ? or buy the 9 AC next to him that has 20K g right to this spring, asking price for that 9ac was 900K in 2002.

stan

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by saratogatan
    keo,
    my partner has a property in los gatos hills. He has a spring on his property, pouring out 120K gallons daily in the summer. he has 15 AC available. maybe we should rent the land from him ? or buy the 9 AC next to him that has 20K g right to this spring, asking price for that 9ac was 900K in 2002.

stan

ummmmm. I think rent! 900k back in 02.. Well tan maybe you can buy it.

Joe
    It's a living creature (chit happens)

Tategoi
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steve:

Have you tried Unitiy House, they got the Hanohano land across from Pat's at Punaluu on foreclosure... The Hanohano's used to raise prawn there...

Aloha! Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Man, is THAT ever a long story Mike T. I have a friend who's family lost the land after putting it up as collateral on a really stupid investment - I mean REALLY stupid. I met a guy who is growing flowers and banana up there now and will find out what the deal is with those ponds. Its closer than Haleiwa, but Hakipu'u would be better.

-steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Koi and Hawaii, eh? You can count me in any day!
    Brian Sousa
    Koi-Bito Forum

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike T
    The chosen one? May I ask who that is? Why are they looking into Mililani? Too many people! Why not peaceful Wahiawa area? I would think nicer and more manageable opportunity land there.

Anyone know where the best natural water sources is in Hawaii? I think maybe before purchasing property anywhere, water accessibility will be the key. Hey I hear Kauai has some awesome property with streams and rivers flowing through. And you know that Kauai has one of the "wettest areas" in the world. Water anyone?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast