Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: About how many hours do you spend at local dealer?

Post Thanks / Like

About how many hours do you spend at local dealer?

Seems like many hours for me I spend at a dealer hangin out looking and jsut plain having a bunch of laughs. How many Hours do you spend at the dealer hanging out?

Last few weekends I found out how tiem fly's!!!!

Joe
    It's a living creature (chit happens)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Joe!
    Personally I spend too much time at the dealers. I don't think its as much the dealers as it is wanting to chat with other hobbiests about all kinds of things that are going on in the hobby. Its just a great thing to do!
    Koi-Unit
    " Da Best" Chapter
    xxx

Post Thanks / Like
    Only weirdos hangout at the dealers.... Just kidding, if we are talking in a week I probably beat both of you combined!!! Got to admit we are probably the only guys that can take the threads offline in person....But yeah, it's always cool to hangout, chill and laugh as always.
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Tategoi
    Post Thanks / Like
    After the last koi club meeting I called up Rob's place to see if I can get some more Manda Fu. Rob's wife answered and once hearing it was me -- handed the phone to Erwin!

So of course I had to spend a couple of hours over there. Rob even brought up some tosai and we discussed the merits and prospects of each. Very educational for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by keokoi
    Seems like many hours for me I spend at a dealer hangin out looking and jsut plain having a bunch of laughs. How many Hours do you spend at the dealer hanging out?

Last few weekends I found out how tiem fly's!!!!

Joe
    Not near enough, but you know exactly how much time I spend there, cause you are always there to.

But I am planning to go up to OhSoKoi towards the end of this week and see how their spawning went this year, also need fireworks since they are illegal in my county

Post Thanks / Like
    You guys are in koi dealer heaven out there - I am sooooooooooooo jealous! We thought Akinosan & Aquitori worked at Champion Koi: netting & bowling fish, talking to customers, running in and out of "employees only" secret tents......took awhile before I realized they were just hardcore koistalkers. I don't like to go to one dealer in town anymore b/c fish are poorly housed and it pisses me off. The other place is right down the street from my house, so I visit them about once a week and hang around. But we don't have 1/100th the quality / quantity of fish around here to eyeball and enjoy. If I lived where you guys do, I'd be there every day - it's like Playboy mansions of koi everywhere!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mulberryjen
    - it's like Playboy mansions of koi everywhere!
    You wouldn't be impressed at all by the koi at the Playboy Mansion....trust me, I attached a pic of one I saw there and its one of the better ones (pretty nice place otherwise ).

I used to spend time at my local Koi dealer but now I know better.
    Koi-Unit

ZNA Potomac Koi Club

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mulberryjen
    You guys are in koi dealer heaven out there - I am sooooooooooooo jealous! We thought Akinosan & Aquitori worked at Champion Koi: netting & bowling fish, talking to customers, running in and out of "employees only" secret tents......took awhile before I realized they were just hardcore koistalkers. I don't like to go to one dealer in town anymore b/c fish are poorly housed and it pisses me off. The other place is right down the street from my house, so I visit them about once a week and hang around. But we don't have 1/100th the quality / quantity of fish around here to eyeball and enjoy. If I lived where you guys do, I'd be there every day - it's like Playboy mansions of koi everywhere!
    Damn "Koi Stalkers", that's Akinosan. I am just "Koi Kichi" hahahaha...I probably hangout at Champion 3 or 4 times a week and Genki Koi about 2 times a week. The funny thing about hanging out at the dealers is I learn easier and faster since there are thousands of koi to look at. I have been dealing long enough they trust me when I want to look at something. Everything is hands on and your not trusting a pic to see things like "Luster", "Sashi", "Maki", and "Fukurin"...It's the things a book or a magazines can't cover...
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Sansai
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would spend lots of time at the local dealer if there were any good ones around here. Most of the dealers in the tampabay area(if you can call them that) focus on watergardens.

You guys and gals in cali don't realize how fortunate you are.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RobR
    You guys and gals in cali don't realize how fortunate you are.
    That can be good and bad, for having all the quality dealers in the Bay Area, and seemingly a lot of hobbiest there isn't a awful lot of shows, or things that involve Koi. The few that have taken place this year, I had to miss, but I will be at the Sac. show for sure.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast